User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weigh Stations on Long Island?

We just got our first travel trailer and I thought it would be a good idea to weigh it before and after it's loaded with "stuff" but I can't seem to find a weigh station near by. Does anyone know of a weigh station on Long Island that can weigh a 32' travel trailer? I searched the internet and can't seem to find one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We just got our first travel trailer and I thought it would be a good idea to weigh it before and after it's loaded with "stuff" but I can't seem to find a weigh station near by. Does anyone know of a weigh station on Long Island that can weigh a 32' travel trailer? I searched the internet and can't seem to find one.
    Try the CAT Locator website. Easy to use. Some have reported liking the CAT app, on here as well. Try searching CAT scales using search above, so you’ll know what to expect when you find a location.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houndbb...... I just tried that locator and it found three stations. Unfortunately, the closest was 48 miles away in NJ and I'd have to drive on thru New York City to get there. The other two were in Connecticut (Branford and Milford) and these are actually 10 miles closer, as the crow flies. They are almost directly North of us, across the Long Island Sound. To get these, I'd either have take a ferry or drive thru New York City. It's not the distance that scares me, it's the thought of driving thru NYC, over some of the most poorly maintained roads in the entire country pulling what may be an improperly loaded trailer. The ferry is crazy expensive, its like $230 each way. I have a sinking feeling that there aren't any RV scales near me and I may be force to weigh each and every thing we load up and tally it up our selves.

Anyway, I still appreciate the info.....Thanks!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    According to Google, the Commack Truck Stop at 100 Crooked Hill Rd, Commack, NY 11725 has scales that you can use.

Jim

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually filled up at that station a number of times the and I don't recall ever seeing a scale. That could be because I wasn't looking for one. I am actually planning to head over to Costco this afternoon which actually is across from that station. I'll stop in and see if they do in fact have a scale.

Thanks for the tip!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I actually filled up at that station a number of times the and I don't recall ever seeing a scale. That could be because I wasn't looking for one. I am actually planning to head over to Costco this afternoon which actually is across from that station. I'll stop in and see if they do in fact have a scale.

Thanks for the tip!
    We are in NYC, pls lmk if you do find a scale in our neck of the woods.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally located a weigh station on Long Island!!!

Gershow Recycling in Medford has 2 scales and the largest can accommodate up to a 70' trailer. They charge $10 to weigh an RV. Their number is 631-289-6188.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much.