User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to GD and the forum Tomcat. You’ll enjoy your rig as we have our 303. Make a point an try to attend one of the rallies that are popping up in different states or even the national one sometime. Lots of good information at those and you’ll meet a lot of like minded folks. Happy Camping. Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! I'm picking up my 2019 2150 tomorrow. I got a great deal with the 2020's coming out! I did a ton of research and it was a no brainier to pick this trailer. It's a perfect size for my wife and I with a wiener dog coming along. The two biggest selling points to me was quality (not built on an assembly line) and great reviews about customer service. I agree everything man made may have a problem or two, that's why the after sale support is so important. There's a lot of great information on this forum alone. Looking forward to the shakedown this weekend! Have fun and enjoy!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding tankless water heaters, I have one and I love it. I have a 2018 Solitude 310GK-R. It came with the Truma water heater installed by the dealer. Truma has been around in Europe for 40 years making tankless water heaters. They know their stuff. I have had no problems at all in 1 1/2 years and over 120 days in the RV. There were a variety of problems with some of the previous tankless water heaters. My Truma gives me unlimited hot water at 2 GPM (hot water) = 4 GPM shower temp water when mixed with cold. The hot water is instant with Truma's hybrid design. You said manufacturers are not installing tankless water heaters. Not so. Tiffin (high end class A and 5th wheel mfg.) installs Truma in some of their units and Instahot in others. Winnebago is beginning to install Truma. I would not be surprised to see Grand Design beginning to install Truma (as they are owned by Winnebago). Having to deal with 6 gallons of hot water is no fun if you like longer showers, or have multiple people showering back to back. Military showers are not for me. The Truma unit will fit into the space taken by a 6 gallon tank water heater.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on ordering the 2150,, we have one and love it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Tomcat

I also have a now six month old 2150, really like the layout and the overall quality of the trailer. The only real problem I've had is the the furnace has problems coming on and then continuing to cycle. The trailer is in the repair shop now for a second try at making it work. I've found that reliability of support is very dependant on the individual dealer that you are working with.

The one suggestion that I have for a new trailer is that you take it out for a shakedown trip to learn how the trailer works and to find out if all the parts are working. Good luck with your new rig. What are you going to use to pull your new trailer?
    Norm & Karla
    2018 Silverado 2500HD
    Imagine 2150

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Fun-Guy View Post
    Welcome Tomcat

I also have a now six month old 2150, really like the layout and the overall quality of the trailer. The only real problem I've had is the the furnace has problems coming on and then continuing to cycle. The trailer is in the repair shop now for a second try at making it work. I've found that reliability of support is very dependant on the individual dealer that you are working with.

The one suggestion that I have for a new trailer is that you take it out for a shakedown trip to learn how the trailer works and to find out if all the parts are working. Good luck with your new rig. What are you going to use to pull your new trailer?
    It's going to be difficult to test the furnace here in Alabama, high 90's is the norm. AC will get plenty of testing. I pull it with a 2017 Ford F150 5L V8. 11,999 capacity and the 2150 is below 7000 loaded.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you live in Florida, does the AC keep up with your heat and humidity? I'm in Alabama and high 90's is also the norm here.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Info!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Wisconsin, where winter turns to summer in a flash, and vs versa, one day 30, next 90. I had delivery issues, not with the RV but with the dealer. The unit wasn't cleaned, wasn't explained right and the salesman who sold the unit, wasn't there when I picked it up, frankly no one knew I was even coming in that day, but those are dealer issues not Grand Design issues, although I did find flaws in the unit. I'll know more as we test everything out. So for now, the jury is out on the unit, I'm hopeful it is trouble free, from what others have said about theirs, I'm very optimistic. My previous water heater (tank less) in my Winnebago was bad, Winnebago stopped installing them I was told, don't know if hey changed their mind on that or not. I went with Grand Design based on what the owners said and not the dealer hype, and yes there are issues, but, in the long run, issues that are fixable and at no cost to the buyer. My 2019 1500 Silverado is the engine driving this train and so far, so good but its been a short haul, we'll see once loaded and hot how we'll it works out. So for now, it's "so far, so good!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    17.8 quick water recovery water heater, what does that mean?
    This means, how many gallons of hot water it can make in the first hour.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast