User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, the dealer didn't know that, perhaps he should have?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are going to LOVE that trailer! My husband and I have the 2019 2150 and it’s perfect

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: The sales people said "hold the slide button when its fully in or out for five seconds" this to me would put a load on the motor! Is that right, sounds to me like once its in or out, it's in or out, holding the button making the motor pull on a slide that's already in or out serves no purpose, am I wrong on that? My Winnebago shut down when it was all the way out or in, so why hold the button on the slide for the grand design?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Question: The sales people said "hold the slide button when its fully in or out for five seconds" this to me would put a load on the motor! Is that right...
    Yes, that's true for the lighter Schwintek slides which are commonly used for the bedroom/bathroom slide outs in Reflection and Solitude 5th wheels. I'm not familiar with your model but if you have Schwintek slides, you need to hold the button for 3-5 seconds.

Here's a video from Lippert (the manufacturer of the Schwintek slide system) explaining why you should do this: https://youtu.be/hSafAnjxIV4?t=99
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-27-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide

Question: The sales people said "hold the slide button when its fully in or out for five seconds" this to me would put a load on the motor! Is that right, sounds to me like once its in or out, it's in or out, holding the button making the motor pull on a slide that's already in or out serves no purpose, am I wrong on that? My Winnebago shut down when it was all the way out or in, so why hold the button on the slide for the grand design?
    I’ve never done that with our camper slide and was never instructed to do so. Perhaps it’s a recommendation for a smaller or lighter weight slide.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katmix View Post
    I’ve never done that with our camper slide and was never instructed to do so. Perhaps it’s a recommendation for a smaller or lighter weight slide.
    The manufacturer of the Schwintek slides (Lippert) recommends it. See the link in my post above. As far as I know, all the bedroom slides in Grand Design RV's are Schwintek slides.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomcat, your 2150 has a Schwintek slide. It is powered by 2 hall effect motors, one on each side of the slide, that need to be synchronized. Holding the button down for several seconds after the slide stops synchronizes the motors by setting a zero point. When the slide is deployed the controller counts the revolutions of each motor to ensure they run synchronously. It does not overload the motors to hold the button down.

If you don't do this the slide will begin to move unevenly and you'll have to go through a resynch process. You will want to locate the slide controller. Grand Design likes to stick them in hard to find places like in the bathroom cabinet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234