User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased my Reflection in 2015 and the dealer advised me that I needed to get an class 7 indorsement on my licence. Since I had never pulled a big trailer before I took a 2 hour lesson from an instructor recommended by our dealer, which I found very valuable. I did have to take a computer test and a driving test.

4 years later I am still not very skilled at backing into tight RV sites, but I keep trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey All..... this licensing thing is really a pain, BUT it is what it is for BC residents.
    If you have good experience in pulling a trailer you will pass that part... the MAIN issue is learning THEIR (several items, and I mean several - some just ridiculous) pre inspection of the entire unit (truck and trailer).
    It is on a points system and that is where you will lose before you even get out on the driving portion of the test.
    ALSO.... have your vehicle registered in BC before you take the test - they failed a friend of mine before getting out of the lot as he still had his Alberta licence plate on the truck and trailer, even though they wouldn't admit it was the reason. (this has been confirmed through a close friend who used to work for them as a tester)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really feel for you people up there! Yup - its the same in the states, 50 of them but some of the states are getting closer together on their trailer regulations for drivers licenses. Texas over 26,001# Gross Combined with trailer over 10,000#. You really got to find out about it on your own, nobody is going to tell you, unless its a police officer. I get the idea behind it, but its still a PITA especially when the different license (DPS in Texas) offices don't understand it too well. Class A license for travel trailers, Class B for motor homes.
    Texas recently changed its law about trailer safety inspections, up the limit to 7,500# from 4,500. This is great for boaters and smaller car trailers so they can slide in under the limit and now do not have to get trailer safety inspections. Of course heavier RVs still need the passed safety inspection on file before the license plates can be renewed.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes your dealer should know this and inform you on this. But this is not specific to B.C. it is Canada and the US. They call it your G endorsement or heavy trailer. It isn’t to be takin for granted it is something one needs to study up on. I had to rewrite my class 5 again and the drivers test as well as the the pre inspection test. For me the class 5 was the most difficult, questions that have nothing to do with driving, but they are on there. All said and done it isn’t a bad thing, makes you think again!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234