User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerryr: Ah, I see. You did do very well with the rebate!!!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have learned a long time ago that the first time a salesman lies to you or feeds you obvious BS that you just leave, you cannot argue or reason with stupid people they will beat you with experience every time.

There is an STX F450 at Newberg Ford in Oregon that I am interested in. The salesman that I was talking to was super friendly and helpful until I mentioned the X-plan and that I was hunting for a Personal Cash Offer (PCO), suddenly he is not so interested in providing information on his "highly desired" truck. When I explained my truck bed vs RV overhang concerns he was like, "well if it's still here when you show I guess we can look at it".

I really dislike lazy people. IMHO that's what the OP's problem and my problem are. Me, I am tenacious and very patient. If this is the truck for us it will happen, if not, I am never too eager to buy a vehicle that I can't walk away. I will not give extra money to lazy people.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With X-Plan it is no negotiation and I believe you are able to stack incentives. If you order the truck be sure to look for private cash offers (PCO). I believe there have been some available recently for $2500 cash rebate. We were able to get a couple incentives on top of our X-Plan price. The one area of caution is if you are trading in a car. You might want to get a trade in value from a couple dealerships as that is where they can make up money.

Also, if you don't know someone at Ford you can always join EAA for $40 a year and then get an X-plan pin.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membersh...-and-discounts
    Damon and Colleen
    2019 Ford F350 CC SB 6.7 FX4 Platinum
    5th Wheel Prep Puck System
    B&W Companion Non-Slider
    BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover

2019 Reflection 28BH
    Progessive EMS-HW50C

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomado View Post
    With X-Plan it is no negotiation and I believe you are able to stack incentives. If you order the truck be sure to look for private cash offers (PCO). I believe there have been some available recently for $2500 cash rebate. We were able to get a couple incentives on top of our X-Plan price. The one area of caution is if you are trading in a car. You might want to get a trade in value from a couple dealerships as that is where they can make up money.

Also, if you don't know someone at Ford you can always join EAA for $40 a year and then get an X-plan pin.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membersh...-and-discounts
    Damon is 100% accurate in describing X-plan benefits and importance of negotiating trade in value. I’ve purchased at least a dozen new of Ford trucks and cars over the years with X-plan through my employer.

I’ve been a EAA member since 1979. It’s a great organization and well worth the $40 dues. The only thing I warn is you must be a member for at least 90 days to utilize EAA X-plan with Ford. Ford requires that the dealership confirms that you have been a member for at least 90 Days by verifying the date joined on your EAA membership card.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-09-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again everyone for your comments on the Xplan.

I just replied to another thread now asking about the PCO. I'm trading emails w/ a guy now who's offering to provide me a PCO for $100 (found thru the Ford enthusiast forum). My gut is asking me if this is legit. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I have learned a long time ago that the first time a salesman lies to you or feeds you obvious BS that you just leave, you cannot argue or reason with stupid people they will beat you with experience every time.

There is an STX F450 at Newberg Ford in Oregon that I am interested in. The salesman that I was talking to was super friendly and helpful until I mentioned the X-plan and that I was hunting for a Personal Cash Offer (PCO), suddenly he is not so interested in providing information on his "highly desired" truck. When I explained my truck bed vs RV overhang concerns he was like, "well if it's still here when you show I guess we can look at it".

I really dislike lazy people. IMHO that's what the OP's problem and my problem are. Me, I am tenacious and very patient. If this is the truck for us it will happen, if not, I am never too eager to buy a vehicle that I can't walk away. I will not give extra money to lazy people.
    Most auto sale's folks work on commission. X plan has a flat nominal rate, like $75 no matter what the truck cost. It could be higher now. Otherwise he would have got much more on the deal. That's why I use fleet managers (salaried folks usually) My current dealership has a sales man that does his best no mater how I am buying. I purchased a new escape for the DW in 16 and he actually found me about $3K more in incentives (PCO, etc) including one after the sale that he discovered. To me he has earned my business.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    To me he has earned my business.
    My father (RIP) was a Chevy dealer, what you described is the way that he built his business. We lived in small towns, if you didn't get repeat business you went out of business. His favorite thing was for a grandparent to bring a grandchild (or some cases great grandchild) in for their first car.

While this type of service is my expectation it is not my experience. Immediate gratification makes salesman eager, my stubbornness and willing to "play the game" make them grumpy. I am their worst customer nightmare, an informed customer. I absolutely believe in paying a fair price for an auto, the salesman and dealerships need to make a living too. I am just unwilling to subsidize their summer homes.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12