User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Refrigerator Issue - Novice needs help

I just brought our 303 home after it being stored for the last two months. The 5th wheel is hooked up to power from our house, 15 amp and the refrigerator turned on in the auto mode. After about 6 hours I checked the the refrigerator and the freezer is cold but the refrigerator part is still room temperature. The display shows 60 degrees and the status shows in the auto mode. No flashing codes. Prior to starting the unit I made sure the LP valves were turned on and I purged the gas lines by operating the range top using all three burners for about 5 minutes. The interior light works when the door is opened. We previously used the 5th wheel for a month long trip in February and had no issues with the refrigerator, it always switched from electric to LP and kept the temp between 36-38 on setting number 3.

We are leaving tomorrow on a 10 day trip, any suggestions are most appreciated.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi: iam assuming you have the Dometic 12 cu ft (4 door) refrigerator. Are the bottom two doors closing tight? The flap on the left door might not be moving to its fully closed position thus causing the right door to not close completely. As a thought open the freezer doors and look at the top of the main refrigerator doors to see if they are completely closed.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When hooked to shore power and the fridge set to auto it will "auto" select 110 electric from the shore power. Not sure with the 4 door fridge but our 2 door , and previous 2 door fridges we like to turn on at least 1 day before trip sometimes 2. We also put inside the fridge a gallon of water or ice water to help with the cooling process as well as giving the fridge something to cool.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 is the highest temp the display will show. We also have a 303 with the Dometic Fridge. When initially plugging in at the house I verify the settings are on Auto/Electric and I move the cool setting to 5. It takes our unit a solid 12 to 18 hours to get to about 34-36 degrees. Once there, I move the temp setting to 3 and it maintains temp.

Check you temperature setting and give it some time.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to all. I will confirm the doors are shut tightly and advance the temp setting to 5. Hopefully by tomorrow morni number we will see some evidence the unit i s cooling down.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late response but we are on the road today. When I checked the refrigerator this morning the temp was 38 degrees so either the door was not shut, or the term not set or I am just impatielnt. Either way,, lesson learned and thanks to those who helped solve my dilemma.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD