Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Florida to Michigan

Looking to do our first long trip in a couple of months. Florida to Michigan and back in three weeks. Any suggested campsite or route recommendations?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we go to and from FL we find the I 75 exit guide on line . Most koas are good for easy on and off. Where to stay ?, everyone has their own idea of how long a day of driving they want to do and that is where the exit guide helped find spots to stay overnight. We take 3 days 2 nights going to FL and stay on I 75 for the whole not very scenic ride.

Depending on where in MI you're heading , it can make a differrence on what road to take once you're getting close.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to beat I75. We take it sometimes on the way to Toronto (from S FL) when we want to avoid the more mountainous or city laden alternatives. Great route and the cities that you pass through are all cake to either get around or just go right through. Nothing like 77/81 (mountains) or 95 (huge cities).

As for things to do, there are tons of potential stops on the way. You could probably spend a year between the two states and still not see everything. Pick a couple of convenient stopping points for a day or two and then go from there to see what you want to visit.

We boondock mostly when traveling. Lost Sea adventure is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Aridon; 05-12-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We take our time travelling I75 from Florida to Michigan (and then to Canada) or vice versa. As Marcy says, there are many choices on this route. We try to travel about 300 miles per day. This spring it was:
    Ocala North FL RV Park
    Forsyth GA KOA
    Sweetwater TN KOA
    Whispering Hills RV Park Georgetown KY
    Harbortown RV Park Monroe MI

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just guessing, but by reading your post you probably don't know how far you'll drive in a day. What you'll be comfortable with: 250, 300, 350 miles? 5, 6, 7 hours in the seat?
    We live in SE Michigan and have been fortunate to be snowbirds for several years now and have tried several routes and have stayed at many different campgrounds.
    We've found I-75 to be the most direct and with less severe elevation changes in the Smokies, and almost no switchbacks. If you live on the east side of FL I'd suggest taking I-10 over to 75.
    Over the years we've stayed at KOA's in Tifton, Cordele and Forsythe GA. Atlanta South RV is also ok to stay at, a good jumping off point to sites in Atlanta if you have time to visit. Also, due to severe Atlanta congestion, I'd suggest taking the bypass 285 west and travel on the weekend if at all possible.
    Do NOT stay at the KOA in Renfro Valley, KY. The water pressure is extremely low and the road construction and blasting, yes dynomite blasting, occurs at all times of the day or night.
    Whispering Hills RV near Georgetown KY is a good one.
    The KOA in Wapakoneta OH is also a good one.
    Depending on where you go in Mich, Harbortown RV in Monroe is a good place to stop. It's just inside the state at exit 11.
    Good luck in your travels, keep us posted by starting a blog.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]