User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Ottoman and a 12 tooth pinion gear

Those that have access to FB have probably heard about the small bench seat being used at the dinette table. Ours is now being used as an ottoman for the sofa.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bench 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	19992 As we were getting ready to go see the grand kids the wind was forecast to be 50-60 mph so we decided to close up the trailer. Most of you can see what is coming and yup it stopped then made a big bang or two and that was that. After moving the ottoman we got the slide in. Tried to open it and it would go out about 6 inches and then stop on one end. Cut trip short and headed home. Found that I had broken the pinion gearClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Pinion.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	19993
    Not to hard to remove the gear packs and they are about $46 at amazon. Just have to remember to get the slide even and adjust the pinion before releasing the jack and tighten the bolts. Hardest part is messing around with the corplast.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear Pack 1.jpg 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	19994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear Pack 3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	19995
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airrace View Post
    Those that have access to FB have probably heard about the small bench seat being used at the dinette table. Ours is now being used as an ottoman for the sofa.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bench 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	19992 As we were getting ready to go see the grand kids the wind was forecast to be 50-60 mph so we decided to close up the trailer. Most of you can see what is coming and yup it stopped then made a big bang or two and that was that. After moving the ottoman we got the slide in. Tried to open it and it would go out about 6 inches and then stop on one end. Cut trip short and headed home. Found that I had broken the pinion gearClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Pinion.jpg 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	19993
    Not to hard to remove the gear packs and they are about $46 at amazon. Just have to remember to get the slide even and adjust the pinion before releasing the jack and tighten the bolts. Hardest part is messing around with the corplast.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear Pack 1.jpg 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	19994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear Pack 3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	19995
    We have the exact same ottoman in the living area of our 315RLTS and really like it. Turning it 90 deg before closing the slides is going to get a double entry on the checklist!

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but are you saying the ottoman at the dinette area was too heavy and caused the gear to break?
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL, 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6 LTZ

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    I'm sorry but are you saying the ottoman at the dinette area was too heavy and caused the gear to break?
    No, slide came in and pinched it in between.

Something has to give.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to see that airrace, glad you were able to fix it. I did the exact same thing with my table leaf extended when closing the slide, made a mess of the kitchen island!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the 1st time I have had to work on a slide. Our 2001 artic fox had one of the first drop down slides and it took 3 motors and gear boxes before they got it right. And a shear pin later on. The hydraulic ram has no shear pin so the couple of teeth gave way. You would think that after 20+ years of camping with a trailer I would remember such things
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed