Just got back from a week at the Army Corp of Engineers campground called Cotton Hill in Georgia. It is near Ft. Gaines and on the Walter F. George Lake. Very nice time there as it was quiet and sparsely populated. There is no WiFi but AT&T cell reception was good. All the spots have full hookups with electric, water and sewer. There is a nice hiking trail and good walking along the lake front as well. Each spot also has a campfire ring, a charcoal grill and a picnic table. The bathrooms are clean and were serviced while we were there. We stayed in the Old Mill section spot 32. It is a pull thru and is on high ground overlooking the lake. Mostly shaded during the day but did get hit from about 2 to 6 with direct sun. The check in people were very nice and helpful - gave us the name of a guy who delivered wood - way more than we could use - and he sold us some fresh Georgia peanuts. The campground is also about 15 miles from Eufalua Alabama where there are several nice junk/antique stores and Phil's BBQ (Best Butts in Alabama) which I will highly recommend! Liked it some much I bought the t-shirt.
If you are looking for a clean, quiet location to get away from it all this should be on your list. Thanks for reading my ramble...Tom