User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overflo mod

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Will the check valve you installed pass air both ways? I know some don't that are spring loaded. Just a thought. It looks high enough too - nice clean install. It also looks like your valve is at the low point for winter draining.

Its similar to what I did except using an air/vac valve that allows air both ways. I still need to remember to open the drain valve when filling as water will not pass through the air/vac https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...263#post196263
    Air can only be sucked in. I couldn't find a valve that worked both ways. That's ok though. The check valve is only there for when I forget to open the drain valve to let air in.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    Air can only be sucked in. I couldn't find a valve that worked both ways. That's ok though. The check valve is only there for when I forget to open the drain valve to let air in.
    I just noticed you have a TT and not a 5th wheel.
    That should work - nice install. If there are issues down the road, consider finding an air/vac irrigation valve and come up in the corner of your pass through compartment and put it as high as you can.
    Good work
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the modification seems to have worked. Used the pump all weekend without opening the shutoff valve. When we got home I opened the valve and only a trickle of water came out and no air sucked back in. So the check valve must have been allowing air back into the tank. That being said, I'm not going to run pipe up to the storage compartment to get the check valve up higher. I will use everything the way it is a few more times just to be sure.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought a 21BHE and the tank would lose half the water thru the overflow hose. The dealer contacted GD, spoke to Katy Bene. Per GD, they replaced the straight hose with a coiled hose. Filled the tank, traveled about two hours and didn't lose any water.
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 29roadster View Post
    I recently bought a 21BHE and the tank would lose half the water thru the overflow hose. The dealer contacted GD, spoke to Katy Bene. Per GD, they replaced the straight hose with a coiled hose. Filled the tank, traveled about two hours and didn't lose any water.
    That is interesting , would you have a picture of that?

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No photo of the coiled hose. Only the end is visible under the camper.
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12