User Tag List

Thread: Roof vent cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof vent cover

I have a 2018 GD 320MKS , I'm trying to find a roof bent cover tall enough to clear the rain sensing vent over the back/ kitchen. I purchased a Max Air hoping it would work but when the lid opens from the mororized control the lid hits the vent cover befor it gets 100% open possibly burning out the opening motor. Any ideas??

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixandrepair View Post
    I have a 2018 GD 320MKS , I'm trying to find a roof bent cover tall enough to clear the rain sensing vent over the back/ kitchen. I purchased a Max Air hoping it would work but when the lid opens from the mororized control the lid hits the vent cover befor it gets 100% open possibly burning out the opening motor. Any ideas??
    I installed three MaxxFan Plus Roof Vents (Model 04500K . . . auto everything ). I put a MaxxAir Fanmate cover (Model 955003) over one of them and the power opening vent does contact the cover. MaxxAir says that these PNs are designed to work together and the contact is of no consequence (other than it restricts the opening air flow area slightly). Apparently the vent opening motor senses load and stops whenever it is restricted by anything, going in either direction.

The MaxxAir Fanmate is their largest vent cover. They have smaller ones that would not work as well.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-15-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can echo Rob's comment above. The MaxxAir Fanmate cover works very well.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum