User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    At around 3 bucks a pop, I don't see the value in reusing a cylinder designed for single use and is not compliant with D.O.T. If I really wanted to reuse a 1lb cylinder I might try this.
    https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-Re.../dp/B00MM3GCVO
    Less than $1 a refill, so you are up $2 or $2.50 on every refill. Where I live I save $3 per refill because I’m 35 miles from a Walmart. I use a lot of bottles on the brush burner I use to spot kill weeds in fields so it’s a big savings.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge33Army View Post
    I used to tell people that wanted us to install there own cylinder filling equipment at their home tank that it would cost $1,000,000.
    I did it for about $50. Just need to use common sense and proper procedures. I only fill "refillable" cylinders and that does not include the 1# disposables.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't refill, I use the empties as targets when we go target shooting. Lot's of fun!

(figured I'd bring the refill/don't refill controversy to the next level)

Joking, we don't really shoot the empties.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, use it all the time. I get my brother-in-law’s empty tanks and fill them up

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should look into DOT approved reusable tanks and filling tool. I have 4 and fill like the refilling system at propane dealers. They are safe to use and refill and pay for themselves quickly. I got mine off Amazon. Tim O

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Wife showed me a video on facebook where someone used a gadget like this to fill 1lb propane tanks.

Thought it was kinda neat. Anyone use one? Does it work as advertised?

https://www.amazon.com/Gascru-Propan.../dp/B00B0HUING
    We ended up putting the small one in the freezer for awhile, then connected the two, turned the 20 upside down and it worked. Still use it. Depending on how much volume you have in the 20 will determine how much the 1 pounder will fill.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim-o-w4yn View Post
    You should look into DOT approved reusable tanks and filling tool. I have 4 and fill like the refilling system at propane dealers. They are safe to use and refill and pay for themselves quickly. I got mine off Amazon. Tim O
    https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-Re...-1-spons&psc=1

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane filling

I use one all the time, but not for camping equipment. I have two 12000 BTU space heaters that I use in my hunting blinds that use 2 of the one pound tanks. One pound is the net weight of the propane, so if you have an absolutely empty tank you can weigh it on a very accurate digital kitchen scale, add one pound and know what it should weigh when it is full. All of these small tanks have a pressure relief valve that you can operate with a pair of needle nose pliers. Once the pressure is equalized between the big tank and the one pound tank you can relieve some of the head gas with the pressure relief valve and get more propane in the small tank. I always get a 100% fill. Don't forget that you are trying to push liquid propane into the small tank, so the large "donor tank" has to be upside down. I use a bit more sophisticated valve to make the filling simpler, but either would work.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3047.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	20297

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use something similar and love it. Also, putting the 1 lb small canister in the freezer helps draw more propane in by lowering the vapor pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123