User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Grand girls are 8, looks like your daughters are teenagers. We've always enjoyed going to Port Aransas and staying at Pioneer RV Park. Close to the beach, good pool, great places to eat in Port A and Corpus Christi is not to far away. We've had some friends who went to Jamaica Beach and loved it. Your girls may enjoy a trip to either Port A or Galveston to get them into the enjoyment of camping.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    Our Grand girls are 8, looks like your daughters are teenagers. We've always enjoyed going to Port Aransas and staying at Pioneer RV Park. Close to the beach, good pool, great places to eat in Port A and Corpus Christi is not to far away. We've had some friends who went to Jamaica Beach and loved it. Your girls may enjoy a trip to either Port A or Galveston to get them into the enjoyment of camping.
    Yes, ours are 23 and 19. We've spent time with them along the coast from Galveston, Port A, Corpus and South Padre and they enjoyed all those places over the years. Not sure if we can get them to go in the camper now though, although we'll keep trying. Getting them started much younger would have been the best. I do appreciate the info about Pioneer. Stayed near there a number of times and will have to look into it. Maybe I can talk them into a trip to the coast. That would be the way to get their feet wet to camping. Thanks again.
    Kim & Deborah - Austin, TX
    2017 Ford F250 King Ranch 4WD (6.7L Power Stroke Diesel)
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS TT

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome..............next time you make a trip through south Louisiana, look us up. With any luck my bride and I could take you a boat ride through the bayous around here.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That's one of the things that we find very interesting to that part of the world. Lot of beauty there. Got a little taste of the bayous, but it was mostly a commercial operation. Thank again.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard!! As you can see I have same set up, except trucks a 350. So how's yours tow? Unless there is no wind or road ruts its rather squirrelly. Sitting at 1/4 inch above stock unloaded front fender height (41"). For a short weekend jaunt check out the Buckhorn RV resort in Kerrville. It will spoil you for life!!!
    See y'all down the road!!

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    Welcome aboard!! As you can see I have same set up, except trucks a 350. So how's yours tow? Unless there is no wind or road ruts its rather squirrelly. Sitting at 1/4 inch above stock unloaded front fender height (41"). For a short weekend jaunt check out the Buckhorn RV resort in Kerrville. It will spoil you for life!!!
    See y'all down the road!!

DD.
    Thanks. In the mountains I've wondered if maybe I could use a bit more power or if a 5r would pull better in the wind, but it's been pretty good though. I wouldn't want to try it without the sway bars either. I bet I'll probably question everything if I pull in a good crosswind though. I'll take a look at Buckhorn. Appreciate your welcome and recommendation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123