User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to RVing and haven't torn up too much yet

Hi. My wife (Deborah) and I (Kim) are new to RVing. We had been thinking about it for years and finally took the step almost two years ago. Purchased a new F250 at the same time we ordered the 2018 315RLTS TT with three slides. We ordered b/c we wanted to add a few things like the second AC, second awning and double-pane windows. We also wanted the booth dinette and a queen bed with the side ledges by the bed. The only major mods we've done are putting in a good mattress (first thing!), washer and dryer units, bike rack in the hitch receiver and adding a Lippert under-carriage storage unit w/extra spare tire. Got the anti-sway bar/hitch before taking delivery. Have also done a few other minor mods not worth mentioning.

Considered a 5r, but I'm 6'4" and that limits things some. Also, didn't want to spend a fortune at this point considering we'll probably only use it 20-30 days per year.

We've not used it as much as hoped yet. We've taken a couple of 10 day trips (Colorado fly fishing and southern Louisiana sightseeing) and a couple of short trips a few hours away. Seems like a big job just getting it out and I expect we'll just use it for longer trips. Using it for more remote places that don't have nice hotels where we might not have gone seems to be the focus for us.

I've been on the site for awhile and finally posted recently. I've only torn up one thing so far, that being bending one side of the rear stabilizer by forgetting to retract it before I raised the hitch to get the sway bars on. Guess I'll need to either replace the whole thing or straighten that side. I'll check the site for ideas. It still works, so I've not stressed about it too much.

I think we'll have some good times in it. Hope to get our two daughters to both go sometime. The older one went with us on a short trip. I do wish we'd bought even a smaller weekender for when they were little. I think they would have loved it. Thanks for reading and thanks for all the great information on the site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4294[1].jpg   IMG_4290[2].jpg   IMG_7217.jpg   IMG_1094.jpg  
    Last edited by RangerTX; 05-18-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome , finally , glad you are getting to use it and thanks for joining us here on the Forum.

Brian

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a nice set up. Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another male Kim on the board! Ever been called Ken or Tim?

My name is also Kim and I also own a 315RLTS. Congrats and happy camping!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Another male Kim on the board! Ever been called Ken or Tim?

My name is also Kim and I also own a 315RLTS. Congrats and happy camping!
    Just a million times!

Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at that trailer too but that is a monster of a trailer at 38ft. I didn't want to pull anything that long or buy a one ton diesel to pull it. I prefer Ford's but just bought a Chevy 2500 HD. The Ford's were a little pricey I guess because of their Reputation. AnyHoo! how is the F-250 doing with that trailer and is it a Diesel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    I looked at that trailer too but that is a monster of a trailer at 38ft. I didn't want to pull anything that long or buy a one ton diesel to pull it. I prefer Ford's but just bought a Chevy 2500 HD. The Ford's were a little pricey I guess because of their Reputation. AnyHoo! how is the F-250 doing with that trailer and is it a Diesel.
    Yes, it ended up being bigger than we probably need, but wanted the space for the washer and dryer. The truck is a diesel (first one I've owned) and I love it. A beast to park, but it seems to do the job.
    Last edited by RangerTX; 05-18-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Kim & Deborah - Austin, TX
    2017 Ford F250 King Ranch 4WD (6.7L Power Stroke Diesel)
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS TT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! We also have the same TT, and have the same options as you! Only difference is we have the king bed. I LUV this trailer.

It is a long trailer. So far... we've done ok. Only issue was taking out power to a few neighbors on the maiden voyage. Let's just say tailswing, and leave it at that.

Again, congrats!

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Yes, they seem to be pretty nice without spending a fortune. I'll remember that tailswing!
    Kim & Deborah - Austin, TX
    2017 Ford F250 King Ranch 4WD (6.7L Power Stroke Diesel)
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS TT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the story...
    ://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egranddesignowner s%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D16691&sha re_tid=16691&share_fid=1019690&share_type=t

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast