Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still new: Looking to Purchase

HELLO AGAIN, I thought I was purchasing an imagine 2970rl last year, but it didn't happen. Now looking to purchase an imagine 2970rl or reflection 297rlts. this fall or winter. First time rv'er, any thoughts on which to purchase?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. How do you travel? Short trips close to home? Longer excursions? How many people? What's your tow vehicle situation? All these questions and more are things to consider.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! jabhoyt I just went through what you are doing. We started snowbirding 2 years ago. This winter my DW decided we needed more space to do this. We were going to buy an Imagine 2670MK but soon realized our F-150 would be borderline because of small payload. We went looking for a bigger truck. I said maybe if we have to have a bigger truck we should get a little more trailer also. We also were looking at the 2970RL and liked it because of the opposing slides.I don't remember how this happened if it was my idea or a salesman told us to look at a Reflection 297RSTS which is the exact same layout but better quality materials and that was it. We have a deposit on a 2019 model and will pick up at the end of the month. Don't look at the 297RSTS unless you are willing to spend a little more. We thought it was worth it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for your comment. We basically had the same thoughts as you. We were set on the 2970rl and then I started looking at the reflection. We like the reflection except for the color wood inside. My husband likes the dark wood of the imagine. But, that will not be a deal breaker. What truck did you end up purchasing to pull your 297rsts? My husband doesn't want to pay for diesel so if you got a gas truck please let me know what you purchased. It is a real bummer to put out $70,000-80,000 for the trailer and truck. What materials do you think are better quality on the reflection? Obviously there is more wood decor, and I really want a door on my shower. I can't believe they don't put a door on the imagine. What other features do you really like? How much more do you think you paid for the reflection? Thanks again for your response!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are only looking to do weekend trips mainly until my husband retires in another 6-7 years. There will be just the two of us. We will have to purchase a new truck to pull any trailer we get. We need some advice on trucks. We definitely need to purchase a 3/4 ton truck. My husband only wants to do gas. We are into safety, and that is where the problem begins. Ford and Chevy wants a huge amount of money just to get up to some nice safety features. We just can't afford their trucks. We are looking at a ram 2500. Thanks for your comments!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! jabhoyt We decided on the Reflection 297RSTS just looked more homey and better quality materials on the inside. The one we decided on has the free standing table and chairs which could be a pain to deal with having to strap down every time the trailer is moved. We never felt like any dinette setup was comfortable sitting so maybe this will be better. I found a used Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. It is a 6.0L gas engine. I had no desire for a Diesel or to pay for the price of Diesel. I would have rather had a Ford F-250 but they were a little pricey and mostly Diesel's. You are right on about the shower door in the Reflection being better. That shower setup in the Imagine I could see being broken quite easily. WE ended up spending a little over 7,000 more for the Reflection. We winter snowbird for about 3.5 months so the opposing slides opening up the living area more was a big selling point for us. We travel light and don't fill all the cabinets in our current trailer and their is even more storage space in the Reflection. I also like the big door to the front storage compartment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Hi! jabhoyt We decided on the Reflection 297RSTS just looked more homey and better quality materials on the inside. The one we decided on has the free standing table and chairs which could be a pain to deal with having to strap down every time the trailer is moved. We never felt like any dinette setup was comfortable sitting so maybe this will be better. I found a used Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. It is a 6.0L gas engine. I had no desire for a Diesel or to pay for the price of Diesel. I would have rather had a Ford F-250 but they were a little pricey and mostly Diesel's. You are right on about the shower door in the Reflection being better. That shower setup in the Imagine I could see being broken quite easily. WE ended up spending a little over 7,000 more for the Reflection. We winter snowbird for about 3.5 months so the opposing slides opening up the living area more was a big selling point for us. We travel light and don't fill all the cabinets in our current trailer and their is even more storage space in the Reflection. I also like the big door to the front storage compartment.
    We got on our knees and strapped down the chairs on our Reflection fifth wheel every move. First mod on the Solitude was a Chair Buddy. Took a little fabrication to make it work but no biggie , and happy I did it.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    We got on our knees and strapped down the chairs on our Reflection fifth wheel every move. First mod on the Solitude was a Chair Buddy. Took a little fabrication to make it work but no biggie , and happy I did it.
    Charlie
    Hi! cfowler55 where did you purchase the Chair Buddy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Hi! cfowler55 where did you purchase the Chair Buddy
    Amazon. Our table mounts to a 90* bracket attached to the wall , and the Chair Buddy is designed to mount on a table center post. I screwed a stained wood block inside the channel to attach the C B to. They also have a bracket available to attach it to the bottom of the table.
    Now we only leave two chairs out , two collapse to store in a closet. It may require two C B’s for four chairs.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your post and advice.. By the way, I grew up in Bethesda, MD.