Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysterious email

Received the following email this morning:

Dear wannabervin,

Your access to the paid subscription "Grand Design 1 Year" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
    Grand Design Owner's Forum

Couldn't remember that I ever had to pay anything, but I clicked on the link (may not have been the best idea) and it took me to a screen telling me there is no Grand Design Forum subscription that requires money from me.

Puzzling...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen an increase in phishing emails, I got a notice from Photobucket saying I have exceeded by free plan please send money here... Hmmm, I know there was another one but I can't remember what it was, anyway, senior moment, now I remember it. It was a forum post about having a Microsoft error code while doing something, it had a link to learn about the error code but took you to a fix your computer here after pay site.

Just remember your computer is like your car, if you have anything important in it lock it up, there are people in the world that work very hard to take your stuff.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post

Couldn't remember that I ever had to pay anything, but I clicked on the link (may not have been the best idea) and it took me to a screen telling me there is no Grand Design Forum subscription that requires money from me.

Puzzling...
    Hi Wannabervin, you are listed as a “site sponsor”, so as some point you paid the $12 a year membership fee. I’m not sure why you got that message. Either your membership is about to expire, or it is recurring and you are up to date. That does sound legitimate to me though.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an Email almost exactly like that. Came to the site and checked under my settings and my subscription was due to expire in a few days. I Did the 1 year renewal. I did not use the link in the email, I just don't trust things like that anymore.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just click on the "Paid Membership" tab near the top of the forum page. It will tell you when your membership expires and I believe you can renew thru that. If not, someone will correct me and give you the straight scoop.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My spam message wasn't an email but it came through the forum. See below for the bogus message

Hi Chuck,

I work at a long-term oriented investment firm that manages money for endowments and family offices. We recently became one of the largest shareholders of Winnebago Industries, which derives the majority of its value from Grand Design.

As you can imagine, input from customers is very useful in understanding our business and monitoring its performance. I’ve spent some time reading the forum and enjoyed many of your helpful posts. I’d love to hear you and Glenda's story and learn more about your experience with Grand Design.

If you could find 10-15 minutes to chat, we would really appreciate it. Let me know if you’d be available, and we can schedule a call.

Thanks,

Graham

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    My spam message wasn't an email but it came through the forum. See below for the bogus message

Hi Chuck,

I work at a long-term oriented investment firm that manages money for endowments and family offices. We recently became one of the largest shareholders of Winnebago Industries, which derives the majority of its value from Grand Design.

As you can imagine, input from customers is very useful in understanding our business and monitoring its performance. I’ve spent some time reading the forum and enjoyed many of your helpful posts. I’d love to hear you and Glenda's story and learn more about your experience with Grand Design.

If you could find 10-15 minutes to chat, we would really appreciate it. Let me know if you’d be available, and we can schedule a call.

Thanks,

Graham
    Several people got that message including me. We banned the person sending it.

Jim

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The forum has a built in reminder system for when your paid membership is expiring. It sends them out about 1 week in advance, maybe 2. I've not had an instance where someone received a spam message, but it is always a good idea to check the link before you do anything. In this case, as indicated above, the save way is to click the Paid Membership tab above, and it will confirm it. You can then use that link to renew.
    Thanks!
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to you guys for being so diligent in keeping the spam email out. Great job!
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB