User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pump will not run.

At least that’s what I thought at first. Could not hear it working. Checked the switches and made sure the valves were set correctly. Read on the forum that there is a 10 amp fuse at the pump. Took the panel off to look and found the pump was very hot. Then I heard water flowing through the pump. The pump wasn’t running like it should but it was running. There wasn’t the growl of the pump. I believe that the pump is bad but wanted to run it by the group. It is still under warranty. If I’m correct I will call the dealer Monday. Just sucks that we are out camping right now. Going to let it cool down and see if it starts to work if so it might get us through the weekend.
    Terry & Laureen
    Illinois & Canada
    2018 F-350 B.A.R.T (Big ********** Red Truck)
    2019 Solitude 384GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know what you find out. I seem to be having a similar problem. It runs, water gurgles but not pressurized? I know it worked a few weeks ago after my panel rebuild. That was one of the things it tried. I took off the clear cup and found some plastic debris (from tank?) and tried again.

Think i will pull the connections on pump and see if it will pull from a bucket......weird how things creep up.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Double check the inlet screen filter housing for cracks. If they are there it will suck air.

Also for first use after having a dry tank is you need to have a faucet on before starting the pump. This will help prevent air lock. Also if trying to pull from a bucket you need to have a faucet on to bleed the air too and prefill the hose to the pump. There is another thread here on this issue.

Hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be air bound. The pump will run continuously and very quietly until it gets primed with water. That could be why it was so hot.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ended up trying different settings and when the winterize it primed and held pressure. i then turned off water at the spigot and ran it on dry camping and it worked.....must have been air someewhere????
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See post 10 and the surrounding discussion on this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-trailer/page3 A water pressure gauge will answer all your questions without the guessing or trial-and-error testing.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contacted the dealership and they shipped out a new water pump. Received and installed yesterday and all is well again. Spoke with a customer who happens to be a mobile RV tech and he said that sometimes plastic debris from the water tank will find it's way into the pump and interfere with the diaphragm working. He has taken them apart and cleaned to correct the problem. With the unit still under warranty I wasn't going to take the pump apart. Out of warranty I would. Thank you all for the suggestions.
    Terry & Laureen
    Illinois & Canada
    2018 F-350 B.A.R.T (Big ********** Red Truck)
    2019 Solitude 384GK