User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chevy Guy bought an F450, need to accessorize, sources and ideas?

I don't really need many accessories, my Chevy had a wheel to wheel nerf bar, gator trax roll top bed cover, spray in bed-liner, FAAS fuel filter/auxiliary pump, 60 gallon Titan fuel tank and an under seat gun case. It didn't hold any guns but it was a great place for the Frisbee, tow strap, jumper cables and bottle jacks.

I got the Reese Ford Custom Accessories hitch supposedly rated to 27500. TWT will tell if that was a $1400 mistake or not, at least it fits the OEM hitch system and is low profile.

First order of business will be a nerf bar or running boards. I had a wheel to wheel nerf bar on the chevy, great for stepping up on and reach the hitch controls, DW want's to know why I want one sooooo loooong. I had her try to reach in the truck today and get something out, . I am now authorized to buy a wheel to wheel bar.

I found this one; Black Omega Bar $631. With the solid white truck I tend to like the offsetting black trim as opposed to chrome trim. Please let me know if you have a better source, must be wheel to wheel.

Next will be a spray on bedliner. I have looked at some and have looked at some professionally applied products. It amazed me to find out they now come in colors, I was thinking kind of a powder blue or maybe red bedliner in my solid white truck.... DW is making a face at me and mumbling something about no sense of taste. Ideas and experiences welcome and thank you.

Not going with the FAAS fuel filter right away, going to do more research on the power stroke engine to see if it has the Bosch CP4 pump that tends to have issues. Verdict is out.

I saved the gun box, hope it fits, probably won't. You just never know till you try.

The new truck has a 48 gallon fuel tank on it, the old one came with a 25 gallon tank, I am thinking the 48 will be enough for us, if not, I know where to go for an upgrade.

Took me two hours and a large trash can to clean the old truck out. That was amazing, I found my ski googles I though I had lost and some life savers made in 1942, or 1992, or 2014, the label was pretty blurry. I found my grandaughters sun glasses she left behind and roll of white pin striping, I have no idea where that came from. It was a fun treasure hunt and I made $2.34 in lost change.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful with the colored spray in bedliners. They tend to fade in under the UV light after a while. What might look great new, might not be that great after sun fading.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh