Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tired of our mattress

So we have grown tired of the mattresses in our 2017 GD Reflection 303RLS. It was ok at first but now I can’t get a good night’s sleep. What have others swapped out to? We have a sleep number at home but I don’t want to put that kind of money into it. Thinking of getting a good queen mattress at Costco. We looked at a good topper but for a few more dollars we could get a brand new mattress. Thanks.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been sleeping on a sleep # for 19 years, when we got our Brand new 2970RL, I promptly pulled that new mattress off & put my 19 year old Sleep number in it & got me a new sleep # for the house! But if you get a good Mattress Topper at Costco it will help any crappy mattress!... Good luck!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mattress is the one thing that nobody can really help you with. It’s such a personal thing that even between the wife and I we can’t agree.

We bought this mattress last year. For me it was perfect. For my wife, not so perfect. Then we added a mattress topper. Better (for her, not me), but still not right. So we got another mattress topper (different consistency), and after some mixing and matching got it pretty close. I can pretty much sleep on a bed of nails though, so I’m not the best person to ask. I do understand not wanting to drop so much money into a Sleep Number though, because it’s just such a crap shoot as to whether it will work for you.
    Last edited by jim1521; 05-18-2019 at 09:37 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just replaced our RV mattress with an inexpensive residential queen mattress and a My Pillow mattress topper. So far, so good. Except it makes getting into the under-bed storage a bit of a pain. Then again, we don't often go in there anyway.
    Al and BJ

2014 Reflection 323BHS
    573FR3820E3300501
    2020 F350 Super Duty 6.7 PowerStroke SRW
    2007 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing we put in ours was a pillowtop Tempurpedic. It's the 11" model and I made it difficult to climb up into the bed (Wife and I are both vertically challenged). I lowered the bed frame by about 8 inches and it worked out great for us. Of course, the underbed storage is all but gone now but we never use it anyway for anything other than the vacuum hose and attachments.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sleep number.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function, you'll find a dozen or more threads on this topic. It's rather like the old adage regarding opinions and certain parts of the anatomy... everybody has one. We like our Tuft and Needle a lot. Others like whatever their favorite is.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    The first thing we put in ours was a pillowtop Tempurpedic. It's the 11" model and I made it difficult to climb up into the bed (Wife and I are both vertically challenged). I lowered the bed frame by about 8 inches and it worked out great for us. Of course, the underbed storage is all but gone now but we never use it anyway for anything other than the vacuum hose and attachments.
    My hubby built me a step on the side of the bed for me. I’m vertically challenged, he’s not. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a nice mattress more suitable to us from Mattress Firm. It wasn't cheap, but I don't wake up with so many aches and pains that was attributed to the OE mattress. It may have been fine for week-end use, but we live in our 5er five to six months a year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we are spending half the time in our trailer, we decided we needed a good mattress like the one in our house. So, we bought the same one and it is awesome. Been on it for a couple weeks now in the trailer and sleeping better than ever. It’s a “Tuft and Needles” mattress with their topper also. The bed is a bit high, but not a problem. I think the total price was about $700- $800.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast