User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seminar on refrigeration was very interesting, it answered a lot of questions for me. The one on Dometic air conditioners was also good, especially when the presenter came over our camper and determined we had a problem and shipped a replacement unit to the dealer near us.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was showed by lippert how to do the re-hitch position on the auto level. Much easier now, especially when by myself. I was also impressed by the customer service offered.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDW-Ottawa View Post
    Leaned several things at the Rally from Grand Design Warranty Service Dept and their Vendor Reps. Some that come to mind are the following :

2) The Lippert Rep stated that the auto levelling system can be used to raise the trailer wheels off the ground to work on the tires or under the trailer but only after setting it down on jack stands to stabilize trailer for safety
    Now that's interesting that Lippert now saying you can lift the 5er. I always question that some people would say it would damage the frame since I you level you RV couple of inches from left to right it would take most the weight off the tires but the tires would still be on the ground.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dometic rep was very informative regarding the refridge operation. What I got out of it was if you want to check the inside temp use a probe inside a bottle of water. The inside air temp will fluctuate but the food temp will stay consistent. Also, leave the sensor on the 3rd fin from the right. That's where their engineers have recommended placement based on their testing and manufacturing.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, meant to type Norcold.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    The Dometic rep was very informative regarding the refridge operation. What I got out of it was if you want to check the inside temp use a probe inside a bottle of water. The inside air temp will fluctuate but the food temp will stay consistent. Also, leave the sensor on the 3rd fin from the right. That's where their engineers have recommended placement based on their testing and manufacturing.
    A little off topic, but relates to Tom's comments on fridge temps . . .
    Minder Research (who make the TireMinder tire pressure monitors that many of us use) make a great temperature monitor that can receive three external sensors plus room temperature. I put the first one outside (in the curbside propane locker) for outside temp, but I put the second in the freezer and the third in the fridge. I can check fridge/freezer temps with the touch of a button. http://www.minderresearch.com/tempmi...eatured&page=2 (last one on this linked page . . . available at Camping World)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    A little off topic, but relates to Tom's comments on fridge temps . . .
    Minder Research (who make the TireMinder tire pressure monitors that many of us use) make a great temperature monitor that can receive three external sensors plus room temperature. I put the first one outside (in the curbside propane locker) for outside temp, but I put the second in the freezer and the third in the fridge. I can check fridge/freezer temps with the touch of a button. http://www.minderresearch.com/tempmi...eatured&page=2 (last one on this linked page . . . available at Camping World)

Rob
    Now why didn't I think of that? I use that thermometer and happen to have a couple extra sensors (kept forgetting the outside one and loosing them on my 313 TT. Now on our 337 we have the outside sensor the same place Rob does. Thanks much!
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12