Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Dave,

If you can warm the cable housing behind the pull handle (hair dryer?) this would help to draw in the penetrating lubricant. I would try something designed to free seized fasteners. WD40 is really not the ideal thing for this. If you don't have anything else, try engine oil drops from the dipstick.

Rob
    ATF fluid is an excellent penetrating fluid. I mix it 50/50 with a synthetic oil in a squirt can. A lot cheaper than WD40 that way.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hartcentr View Post
    Rob

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the blow dryer to no avail. I took it to the dealer today and they will be replacing both cables. The guy thought it could be due to galvanic corrosion or something between the materials. Makes me wonder why all of the cables are not routed out of the weather, like the one that is the Nautilus panel. If one is there, why not all three?

Thanks again

Dave

Ask the dealer to coat the cables with an antisease product if they can before the install.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that it matters but my 2 wk old 311 bhs has a valve like that too; going back in 2 days. my bad for not catching it on the pdi Joe

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was considerable discussion a while back https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...501#post181501 about GDRV going from Valterra to Lasalle-Bristol gate valves. Maybe this is why this problem is appearing on newer units?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if this tool would work?
    https://www.amazon.com/KiWAV-Lubecat...35127019&psc=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQnMdOL09uY

on edit - the youtube video says not to use WD40, etc, I wonder what he was using and what would be a good choice. Graphite, silicone?
    Last edited by powerscol; 05-21-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    This tool looks promising, but it needs to clamp onto the end of the cable, which would be easy if the cable was removed from the rig. Is there an easy way to get to the end of the cable at the Nautilus panel?
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I wonder if this tool would work?
    https://www.amazon.com/KiWAV-Lubecat...35127019&psc=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQnMdOL09uY

on edit - the youtube video says not to use WD40, etc, I wonder what he was using and what would be a good choice. Graphite, silicone?
    Tri Flow works good on cables. I've had one of these tools for 30 years or more. They work on a sheathed cable, if you get it set up right you will see lube coming out the other end of the cable. The tank cables aren't sheathed. Not sure how far the lube would go before running out onto the top of the coroplast.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Update on this. Dealer installed two new cables, which work fine. Valterra cables this time, the stock ones were Bristol. They said even after they had taken the old ones out, they still would not budge. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, but under the circumstances, replacement was the only thing that was going to work.
    Last edited by hartcentr; 06-01-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12