User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    You don't say where, on the Russian River, that you're headed? However, either end of the Russian River, you've laid out the best route. Traffic is going to be heavy all the way through the bay area pretty much from Morgan Hill all the way across the Richmond/San Rafel Bridge and up Hwy. 101.

Being a local from Nor Cal and having drove all of that area for many, many years, I'd leave Morgan Hill about 8:30 a.m. so that by the time you hit San Jose a half hour later the major commute traffice is already over. It'll be 3 - 3 1/2 hr. drive for you.

I've been following you since before you picked up your rig at McClain's and this will be the biggest bridge that you've crossed. However, the lanes are wide enough and it's three lanes (two drive lanes and a break down lane)......easy drive once you get through the toll booth.

You want to get through Santa Rosa before about 2:30 or 3:00 p.m. That area through SR will be your biggest bottle neck. It was a two lane highway all the way through town. They've been working on it for about the past five years widening sections of it at a time. They should be done widening it by now.
    Thanks JC!
    Leaving at 8:30 worked our perfect.
    Made it to Russian River TT at Noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are north of Cloverdale. How is the campground? We get asked a lot about campgrounds in our area but we don’t camp here so don’t know. Clover dale lost their KOA in the fire 18 months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to California. If you think the bridge toll is bad, registration on my F150 is $650.00 a year. 😤
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looking for advice on route from Morgan Hill North to Russian River in California

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown597 View Post
    Welcome to California. If you think the bridge toll is bad, registration on my F150 is $650.00 a year. [emoji36]
    It was par for the course.
    It’s beautiful country but...
    Every campground we’ve stayed in from Palm Springs all the way here was either barely tolerable or just plain terrible. No WiFi, no cell coverage, noisy neighbors, etc.
    We even left early from a few campgrounds because they were so bad.
    Couple that with some of the worst traffic we’ve seen across 10 states, diesel costing almost $5 a gallon, I doubt we’ll ever be back.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Thanks JC!
    Leaving at 8:30 worked our perfect.
    Made it to Russian River TT at Noon.

Happy to help. Moving around the bay area or the Los Angeles area timing is critical......a half hour can make a huge difference.

By the way, $20 bridge toll is cheap by California standards. I saw an article last night that San Francisco now has the highest housing costs in the world!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    It was par for the course.
    It’s beautiful country but...
    Every campground we’ve stayed in from Palm Springs all the way here was either barely tolerable or just plain terrible. No WiFi, no cell coverage, noisy neighbors, etc.
    We even left early from a few campgrounds because they were so bad.
    Couple that with some of the worst traffic we’ve seen across 10 states, diesel costing almost $5 a gallon, I doubt we’ll ever be back.

Sorry your stay in places di not go well. I know how you feel about the cost of fuel and such. I didn't vote for ANY of the jerks around the state. I've lived in the Central Valley for over 40 years and have seen it go down the tubes. And those in charge wonder why there is a mass exit to other states from California, unless you work for the government. I would be interested in where you stayed that was not up to par and where you did have had a good stay. NorCal is really nice, as are the people. The Sierra's are really spectacular and rugged. I do hope you decide to visit again. I'm new to rv's, but not to camping. I guess I'm too old to sleep in a tent anymore. Travel Safe.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12