User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD 310GK Owners from Oklahoma

Hello Everyone, this is our first post, WOOHOO!!! I have been lurking on this site for well over a year now and have learned so much from everyone's posts!! I appreciate all the insights, how-tos, gotchas and everything else I have learned here so much. We did our research here and other sites before purchasing a 2019 310GK and we love it very much. We purchased it in Sept and took it out for a couple of weekends to check all the functions and it has performed well past our expectations. It was hard to purchase a new toy like this and then stick in storage for the winter but now that Spring has Sprung, we are taking it out and having fun!!
    We just spent a week at Mount Magazine, AR. It rained a lot but a rainy day camping is still better than a great day working Our next trip will be a week at Palo Duro Canyon, cannot wait. In August we are off to the Great Smokey Mountains so we are very excited.
    I wanted to share how valuable this site is and how it has helped us to learn about RV ownership, the purchase process, PDI, Maiden Voyage, maintenance checks, needed tools and accessories, choosing the appropriate TV, how to make important adjustments, how to chose camping sites, the list just keeps going. We have never owned an RV before and never have owned a piece of equipment of this weight and complexity for sure. Because of the thoughtful people here on this site and the moderators that keep this site working as well as it does, our first RV experience has been absolutely AWESOME!!! I cannot say thank you enough!!

Please, Please keep up the great work you do here, it is so very valuable, I hope someday I will be able to contribute a fraction of how much I have learned from everyone. Thanks again everyone, I hope I get to meet some of you out there camping some day, HAPPY CAMPING.

Brian and Susan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig , we have had the R version almost a year. About 60 days camping and good so far.
    Already have October reservations at Little Arrow right by entrance to Cade’s Cove.
    Get out there and enjoy, Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Susan & Brian
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for thanking us, there are a lot of folks on here that take pride in helping others with issues and questions , I had lots when I joined.

Enjoy and will be watching for your reports and input.

Another Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are pick up our 2019 28BH this Saturday! What part of OK are you in?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. I was born in Lindsay and we lived in Tulsa for a while.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp Lawrencemountain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks. Just read your post and got a good laugh. We purchased our 2019 last year (in September), camped once and had to store it for the winter. What a year we have had camping in 2019. We have loved our 351 and aren't ready to close it up this year. On November 20th we are headed out of NH and headed to Oklahoma for a Thanksgiving, then off to Arkasas for a few days and lastly to Tennessee for a week. We then will head back to NH to winterize the rig. We are looking forward to being back home in OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Susan and I reside in OKC right now, we are looking for a position that will allow me to work remote so we can camp more!! We hope to full time soon, if that does happen we will be selling our 310GK and purchasing the new 390RK. It has a larger bathroom and more storage plus my wife and I love the layout of the living room and rear kitchen. I heard GD will have an option to add Morryde independent suspension axles if you order one for 2020, I hope that is true.

We just got back from a two week trip to AR, we spent the first week at Petit Jean State park. WOW, that is one very nice SP, we were amazed about how clean it is, the very roomy campsites, in loop A anyway, loop B is a little tight and the people running the SP are so friendly and helpful!! They are building a new lodge at Petit Jean and then maybe renovate loop B to make it more roomy as well. Then we attended our first GD rally in Hot Springs AR at Catherine's Landing, again, WOW!!! It is a very nice campground, we hope to visit more of the campgrounds owned by RVC Outdoor Destinations, they are quite impressive. We really enjoyed the GD Rally and all the nice people we met there.

We just finished winterizing our rig and storing it for the winter But we are so looking forward to camping in 2020!!

I hope to get to travel up in the NE US sometime, I hear it is beautiful there and we would love to see it.

Thanks to everyone for the shout outs, I look forward to meeting all of you out there camping!!
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moenoodle View Post
    Susan and I reside in OKC right now, we are looking for a position that will allow me to work remote so we can camp more!! We hope to full time soon, if that does happen we will be selling our 310GK and purchasing the new 390RK. It has a larger bathroom and more storage plus my wife and I love the layout of the living room and rear kitchen. I heard GD will have an option to add Morryde independent suspension axles if you order one for 2020, I hope that is true.

We just got back from a two week trip to AR, we spent the first week at Petit Jean State park. WOW, that is one very nice SP, we were amazed about how clean it is, the very roomy campsites, in loop A anyway, loop B is a little tight and the people running the SP are so friendly and helpful!! They are building a new lodge at Petit Jean and then maybe renovate loop B to make it more roomy as well. Then we attended our first GD rally in Hot Springs AR at Catherine's Landing, again, WOW!!! It is a very nice campground, we hope to visit more of the campgrounds owned by RVC Outdoor Destinations, they are quite impressive. We really enjoyed the GD Rally and all the nice people we met there.

We just finished winterizing our rig and storing it for the winter But we are so looking forward to camping in 2020!!

I hope to get to travel up in the NE US sometime, I hear it is beautiful there and we would love to see it.

Thanks to everyone for the shout outs, I look forward to meeting all of you out there camping!!
    Your plans for the future sound awesome and I hope it happens quickly for you both.

Thanks for the info on AR sites. I have looked at Catherine's Landing on the net and was leaning that way. I believe you might have secured the thoughts for us. We have never stopped in Arkansas, just drove through in the past. This will be a first for us and it will be the first camping trip with my parents as well.

Keep us in mind if you plan on coming to New England. We can help in many ways with knowledge of MA, NH, ME and a little of VT and NY. We are planning on camping in upper NY this coming year so maybe we can plan on a meet somewhere. There are many great places to see and it all depends on your timing to the area. We will be here to guide in anyway needed, feel free to ask anytime.

Talk soon,

Steve and Liz
    Steve and Liz Lawrence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    thank you for the offer, we will definitely be looking for your advice when we get ready to head up to the NE. Where at in OK are you heading for Thanksgiving? Give us a shout if you have any free time, Susan and I are in OKC and will be around during that time.

There is a new, small rv park we use just east of Little Rock AR, we got off I-40 at Hazen AR to stay the night at the new Love's there and found this little park across the interstate, http://www.lowerwhiteriverrv.com/ It is very nice place to spend the night, blacktop paved and full hookups. It is brand new so everything works well however they do not have bathrooms or showers yet. The story behind it, the owners sold the land to Love's for the new truck stop and took the proceeds to build this RV park, very nice people!! We took a trip to the GSM last July and we had a hard time finding places to stay the night between Little Rock and Knoxville. We did find a Loves at Jackson TN that was a good place to stay, it is popular with the truckers and gets crowded at dark.

Have a safe trip!!
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the great information, I am printing notes with every word you said.. This is officially our first "long" trip and we have never stayed at truck stops or last minute parking areas. All new territory for us.
    I have planned campgrounds for our trip to OK from NH and we'll be traveling 450 miles a day. We normally travel much further than that in a day but we were always pulling a motorcycle trailer and staying in hotels. Our trip from OK to AR then TN and back to NH is unplanned for overnights as of now. OH BOY!
    We will be visiting family in Norman for the week of Thanksgiving. It would be neat to meet others and talk,when in town. We'll do our best to reach out and see if you are free to meet.

Steve
    Steve and Liz Lawrence