User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Paul - If you replace the control board, I heard that Dinosaur brand is very popular and has pretty good reliability. In fact, they have a five star rating on Amazon.

Jim
    If someone knows exactly which Dinosaur board is the correct one and can confirm that this works, I would carry one as a spare. My furnace does not have an exterior access panel, so if (when) I have to repair it, there is a lot of interior disassembly required beforehand. I would prefer to be prepared for a "replace everything" repair procedure, if I have to pull the furnace.

Rob

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my friend says his was sail...nevermind. swore he said the fan wasn't moving easily and was binding???? who knows, getting older every day! LOL

Goodluck
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what your budget is but depending what you have into it you might look at just replacing the furnace. They run $6-800 online, and you could rebuild yours at your leisure for a spare? Just a thought. I fully realize that at 3 years old you should not need a new furnace, but when things are misbehaving and there is camping to be done, sometimes it is worth some expense to know the problem is solved.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Not sure what your budget is but depending what you have into it you might look at just replacing the furnace. They run $6-800 online, and you could rebuild yours at your leisure for a spare? Just a thought. I fully realize that at 3 years old you should not need a new furnace, but when things are misbehaving and there is camping to be done, sometimes it is worth some expense to know the problem is solved.
    LOL ! This is the same suggestion that I made to Dallas when he was wrestling with his furnace problems last February. Post 6 https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...542#post218542

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    LOL ! This is the same suggestion that I made to Dallas when he was wrestling with his furnace problems last February. Post 6 https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...542#post218542

Rob
    Well there you go, it must be a great idea lol.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Hey Poppy if the furnace works for the mobile tech guy maybe take him with you

Dallas , D2reid , had a similar struggle, check out his thread.

Hope you have a great trip.

Brian
    Brian, you're a genius. So my Mobile Tech arrived and he must think I'm crazy. Furnace fired right up and ran flawlessly! WTF, I mean this is not a mistake. i could not get it to run for the past year! He arrives and it's just like a year ago when it ran for the first tech. Anyway, I invited him to go with us so he's coming! Just kidding, he's not coming but I did tell him you suggested it

BTW, he was a great guy and he owns a 2015 Reflection 337RLS! Very reasonable service call fee too at $65.

I am fully expecting this thing not to work though I must say. Been there and done that. I will report back of my success running it next week.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an expert on this stuff but just experienced a failing to light furnace after I had a propane bottle filled. Furnace would run for a few minutes but not light. I moved to a new location and, wha-la, it worked. I figured I had an air lock. Not sure how or why since everything else worked on propane and I changed over the valve to the full bottle first.

Anyhow - after doing some research thinking I would have to troubleshoot mine I learned the you have to have a good 12v to the furnace, and that you could listen to see if it is trying to fire (pizieo triggering). And you could loosen the gas line to be sure propane is available (not sure I liked this tip when I read it tho).

A good mobile tech should have a tester to verify whether the electronic board is good or bad.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My eyes may be failing, I may have skipped over it, but what are the symptoms? Which model do you have?

Dometic/Atwood had a batch of sail switches that were a PITA. Replaced a lot of them the last two winters. Boards tend to be a work or don’t work. The replacement Dinosaur board is the Fans 50 Plus Pins.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem, intermittently would work, finally a hard failure. Symptom was, fan would come on but nothing else, then would fault out. Gas solenoid would not energize and therefore no spark from igniter. Sail switch replaced did not fix, circuit bd replaced still not fixed. It was actually the igniter. The igniter also senses heat so it will shut down if no gas is delivered and no flame. The gas solenoid did not come on because the igniter wrongly sensed heat before the call for heat from the tstat. This immediately put in the in fault condition. I had to remove furnace and bench test to come to this fix. Have to remove furnace to replace igniter anyway. Furnace has worked fine for over a year now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had similar problem and never found out what caused it. Took it apart and put it back together and it works.
    Dave

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...nd-reassembled
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast