User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2016 Solitude 375re and lippert replaced the theater seating last year due to peeling. Now both sofas have started peeling. Very disappointed and also looking for replacements. Very disappointed with the quality of the lippert products throughout the rv. Trama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Lippert furniture in our 2014 337RLS looked different than the furniture in our 2017 297RSTS. The furniture in our 297 is branded "Thomas Payne". Has anyone had the peeling issue with Thomas Payne furniture?

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the two-person couch that unfolds into a bed is canted the wrong way, when that starts to peel, we plan on replacing it with a proper two-person couch that converts into a sofa-bed. There's a lot of stuff out there that is very reasonably priced and looks tons nicer.

I suspect our dinette cushions will be the first to peel since they get the heaviest use. For that, I plan on bringing the cushions to a good seamstress and get them recovered with either microfiber or some other kind of durable cloth.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2014 Reflection Recliners are just starting to peel, even the one that is barely sat on. We are tossing the idea of a single recliner and a cabinet/side table in the slide with the dinette. If the couch peels we'll worry aabout it then, but won't get another 3 fold, no one waants to sleep on it a 2nd time anyways
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also victims of peeling leather on my Reflection fifth wheel.

I originally ordered the SuperSofa option which deletes the dinette and replaces it with a love seat, right hand and left hand recliners--all leather and wallhugger recliners. And they're very comfortable. I checked with RecCon, and they have furniture that fits. Reupholstering the OEM furniture is out of the question as it's got a steel frame.

I could replace my 12' of furniture with regular residential upholstery, however I cannot be assured it would fit through the front door. Lazy Boy furniture can be disassembled, and it would fit--but it's actually poor quality (the truth.) Only thing I know would fit through the front door is sectional couch pieces, however they're very expensive when custom ordered. And I don't want to spend $2K for RecCon RV furniture. We'll eventually face the issue and make some changes.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 Momentum 21G and ALL of our logos that were glued/heat pressed onto the couch and the recliners are delaminating - peeling off. GD is replacing the chairs and the backs of the couches under warranty -- this is a brand new unit that we have used about 3 times ... good luck with your issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2016 313 RLTS. Furniture looks just like ours. Very, very poor quality. Ours has had very little use. Just keep the sofa and recliners covered with throws! 20% discount on junk to replace junk doesn't make much sense!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem on my 2015 337. Took the couch to a reupholster shop and had it recovered with naugahyde and cushion material in seats replaced. Cost about $1000 but still cheaper than new one and will last 10-15 years. Looks and sits great.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen this issue come up on the forum a few times, and it interests me for a couple of reasons. Number one, considering the number of units experiencing this problem, it seems there has been no credible response from GD or Lippert. Number two, The furniture in my 2015 379fl, after four years and 80+ nights per year, looks just like the day I bought it. No cracking, fading or peeling. Just as there are many who have had a problem, there are many who have not and I wonder why the difference. I originally thought it might be traced to over-use of skin products like lotions and sunscreen, but I have no evidence to support that.

I do sympathize. You all should not be having this problem.

As an aside: I'm in the process of removing the dual recliner and replacing it with a wide-butt recliner and a side table.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, I think the fake leather doesn't react well to sweat from the human body. Mine was pristine for 3 years of heavy use, then I went through a period where I was doing some work in a hot environment and came in sweaty. I sat on the same section several days in a row and a couple months later that section started pealing. May be a coincidence, but that's my guess.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast