User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005 F350 6.0L towing 2019 310GK

New to towing a fifth wheel especially one of this weight and class. I have yet to measure the actual hitch weight and GVWR of my 2019 Solitude 310GK so not 100% sure what these are yet but can anyone see an issue it the attached picture in regards to the rear axel? Does it appear to be weighted down quite significantly? Is there a way to level out or stiffen up the rear springs so the back of the truck doesn't compress so far? The front storage compartment does have a few items already in there (10X10 awning, BBQ, fire pit 4 chairs, 2 camping mats, extra propane tank and this unit has the generator installed)

My truck is an F350 6.0L SRW short box. Any recommendations or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2005 F350 with 2019 310GK.jpg  

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it is way overloaded to me.

What carrying capacity is listed on your yellow/black and white sticker inside the driver's door?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Huntr70,

Thanks for the reply. There is the only one sticker on the trucks doors and I don't think this has the information to confirm the GCWR but the Rear GAWR is there. The Rear GAWR is 3175KG/7000Lb. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck Specs.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	20236

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huntr70,

Here is the only sticker on the truck's door. Attachment 20237

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not tell from that sticker, if this is the only sticker it is hard to determine the cargo weight that can be added to the truck.
    Looking at the picture and the specs from the GD website , gross weight on trailer could be 15,000 lbs. , that could be 3000# tongue weight. I do not think your truck has this capacity.

Brian

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney065 View Post
    New to towing a fifth wheel especially one of this weight and class. I have yet to measure the actual hitch weight and GVWR of my 2019 Solitude 310GK so not 100% sure what these are yet but can anyone see an issue it the attached picture in regards to the rear axel? Does it appear to be weighted down quite significantly? Is there a way to level out or stiffen up the rear springs so the back of the truck doesn't compress so far? The front storage compartment does have a few items already in there (10X10 awning, BBQ, fire pit 4 chairs, 2 camping mats, extra propane tank and this unit has the generator installed)

My truck is an F350 6.0L SRW short box. Any recommendations or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    The only weigh (pun intended) you are going to know is to go to a CAT scale and find out. With the generator up front you are probably pushing pin weight pretty hard. Think about moving some of your other heavy stuff further back in the trailer. Also, how much fresh water was in your tank when you took the picture. Fresh water affects the weight and balance considerations significantly.

OTOH, you can fix the high front end/low rear end ride with air bags or Timbrens, neither of which will change your payload but will certainly level your truck. There are a lot of people pulling a 310GK with a 1 ton short bed but you need to think about total GVWR of the trailer as well as your truck. Just because it will go inside does not mean you should take it with you.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JColeman,

I was going to do that yesterday on the way home after the May long weekend but drove right past the last CAT scale on the way . All of the tanks were almost empty and from what I found on the GD forum this Onan gen weighs approx. 220Lbs

I will mention that last line to my wife LOL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With you GVWR of 11400 you probably real close to being maxed out and from the picture over. My 04 F350 long bed maxes out the springs about 3K load and has the same GVWR as yours. Question - has you 6.0 been bullet proofed. I spent 3 days in Monument valley after mine blew the EGR cooler which took out a head gasket. 6K later is is running ok. They did what called an egr delete, ARB head studs, new oil cooler and a few other items. It has never been chipped. Get to the Cat scale and find out. There is a specific way to do the weights, but I am sure someone will chime in.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the 6.0 has not been bullet proofed. I had replaced the EGR cooler a couple years ago but the EGR valve needs replacing now. I thought about doing the EGR delete but decided against it and now kicking myself in the rear-end. Mine has never been chipped.

Stopped at the CAT scale on the way home with the truck only and found out the front end weights - 2220kgs, rear weights - 1590kgs = 3810Kgs.... If the GVWR is 5170Kgs than would that leave me with 1360Kgs or 3046Lbs for cargo carrying capacity or hitch weight. Correct?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured that I better move our water connection discussion out of this thread . See https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...sh-Connections

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast