User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Solid Step lift assist.

I ordered this item from Etrailer. Be very careful doing business with them. When I received the kit the instructions that came with it (inside the box) said it will not work with the SolidStep Gen 2 steps. These steps have the openings on each side. I did not and cannot find this exception anywhere in the instructions from Lippert that I down loaded from their website. Etrailers website does not mention this either. I contacted Etrailer to return this kit and have been informed that I have to pay over $47 to return the kit. Very unfair.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that does not sound right. I have to say that this is the first time I have heard anything negative about E trailer. Maybe try a higher up?
    Seems to me you have a valid reason to return it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news from Etrailer -- they have sent me a UPS tag and are going to pay for the return. I am going to delay one or two days (waiting for the snow to melt) to see it there isn't some way to mount this thing on our existing step.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 99% sure I have figured out a way to use the lift assist on our existing stairs so I'm going to keep the kit. I will post pics in the mods sections as I work this out.