Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD owner from Iowa

Greetings one and all,
    We are new Grand Design owners, but not new to campers. My wife and I have pretty much raised our kids by camping and traveling while pulling a travel trailer. We have recently bought a new to us 2016 350M and will be taking it out this Memorial Day for the first time. This will be my first 5th wheel, so I am slightly apprehensive - but not about the towing!

We decided on the 350M as it gives us room for our 2 Goldens and 2 pretty much adult children and their significant others should they want to join us. In the meantime the toy hauler allows me to kind of keep the bed of my truck, just in a different location! Our tow vehicle is a Chevy 3500 Diesel dually.

I am sure to have questions and I will surely ask them as they come up (after making the attempt to research them first). This camper has more bells and whistles than I am used to. I have gone through most of them, starting with those that are about safety and pulling, then setting up.

As long as I am writing, I might as well as this: with the 6 point auto leveling, should I still use my Anderson levelers to adjust my left to right (side to side) or do I just let the hydraulics take care of it?

Thanks, and happy camping to all!
    Steve Thune (pronounced 2knee)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum 2knee, glad to have you here.
    I have 4 point auto level and still use blocks to level side to side if it is 1" or more out of level.
    Good luck on the first trip , will watch for your report on how it goes.

Brian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. I always check side to side level before unhooking. If off more than about one degree I get it close with tire blocks. I also keep the jacks fairly short with blocking to try to eliminate as much motion as I can.
    Happy camping - Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback - doing some initial leveling with the tires makes sense to me, so I will move forward with that as my plan. Again, much appreciated!