User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sagging underbelly - is this normal?

Hi all,

We went for our first ever trip in our Imagine 2970RL and absolutely love it! We also dumped our tanks for the first time - didn't love that quite as much We noticed that the underbelly seems to be sagging a bit, and we're wondering if this is normal or if we should get it checked out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0594.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	20231

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0593.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	20232

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a leak in our 2018 Imagine 2800BH and water was gathering in the underbelly. I would push up on it to make sure water is not causing the sagging. The good news was, our problem was quickly resolved by GD.
    Wanda & Jim and Tedi Doodles
    2020 Reflection 337 rls
    2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with jyork, just push on it to make sure you don't have water in there. I think the sag is normal, I had mine checked and that's what I was told. It never hurts to check it out. Happy Camping.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sag actually doesn’t look bad compared to some if read about.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gravity! That said, push on several spots because some places, structures are basically “on” the coroplast (supported, of course), and pushing against a holding tank, for example, wouldn’t displace any water in there. It’s probably ok, and if you were leaking anywhere, you’d see dripping...somewhere along the edge. After a while, the coroplast will start to sag between the screws that hold it on, and we keep losing screws each year and have to replace them. Just 2 days ago, we changed out our bike rack and moved our bumper mount spare tire holder. We never would have noticed we were missing at least 3 screws on the back side.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamxen22 View Post
    Hi all,

We went for our first ever trip in our Imagine 2970RL and absolutely love it! We also dumped our tanks for the first time - didn't love that quite as much We noticed that the underbelly seems to be sagging a bit, and we're wondering if this is normal or if we should get it checked out.
    The coroplast sag doesn't look bad at all. It would be sagging a lot more if there were water above it. Since the center area of the underbelly is usually tanks, there are few center places to attach the coroplast so it ends up being supported only around the perimeter.

You do see to have a "generous amount" of spray foam around something in your pictures . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings Tamxen22, About a month ago I had an inlet filter for my onboard water pump pop apart and water flowed into my tank area. Water was escaping from nearly every edge of my coroplast underbelly covering by the time I discovered the problem. There was about 2 inches of fiberglass insulation that was soaking wet. I had to drop the coroplast and remove that wet fiberglass and replaced it with three 4x8 sheets of ridged 1 inch Styrofoam sheeting. Not fun, but got it done in one afternoon... Anyway, you will probably know if there is enough water in that belly to make it sag as evident in my situation. BTW - my coroplast was held up by self tapping screws that were screwed through long strips of metal along all edges. I see they are now just using fender washers under those screws in your instance.
    Last edited by Migizi; 05-22-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Larry and Vicki
    2016 Solitude 305RE - Sailun S637 ST
    2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ
    TranferFlow 50 Gal Aux Tank
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch