Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potable vs Black Tank Flush Connections

Quote Originally Posted by Barney065 View Post
    JColeman,

I was going to do that yesterday on the way home after the May long weekend but drove right past the last CAT scale on the way . All of the tanks were almost empty and from what I found on the GD forum this Onan gen weighs approx. 220Lbs

I will mention that last line to my wife LOL
    Buy one of these little water meters for $10: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then put 20 gallons of fresh water in your tanks and look at the level again. Then another 10 gals to see if that also makes a difference. We always travel with 20 gals fresh and 10 gals in the black tank. It may make a difference to you.

If you are going to use a meter on your black tank to prefill (I do) then buy two from Amazon and keep them separate and marked fresh and black and you will never have to tell your DW that you are sorry for giving her dysentery
    Last edited by JColeman; 05-21-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin