User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the question of the day for us. We also were trying to decide between the 2930RL & the 310GK but after doing some calculations with possible pin weight and the cargo carrying capacity of our 2019 F-350 SRW, the 310 was beyond our capacity. That was a shocker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    What will your truck pull? Those are both very heavy & you will need a BIG truck.
    That is part of the equation. We currently have a 2002 3/4 ton crew cab Duramax diesel. We are in the market for a new BIG truck. We figured we had better see which 5th wheels we liked and take those requirements into consideration with purchasing the new truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing... I was recently told by a person who works the summer months in Yellowstone, that the rangers look at the model number to determine length. He told me that a 2930 would be considered a 29 foot rig as the box is 29 feet and the 310 would be a 31 foot rig. Last weekend we went to the local dealer who sells Grand Designs and the sales rep stated the same information. I thought it was as you shared. So confusing to hear mixed messages!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We figured we had better see which 5th wheels we liked and take those requirements into consideration with purchasing the new truck.
    Very smart! I don't think you want to become a member of the two new truck club. I might have to become one, and I have a dually. All because I bought a SxS and now want a Momentum instead of a Solitude.

Have fun shopping,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyQ View Post
    Hi all... hubby and I are narrowing down our search for our first 5th wheel. We are really only considering the Solitude 310Gk or the 2930RL. We love both and they seem to be the ideal length for us. I would appreciate any input on either one... I know that there is only about 7 inch difference between the two but the title gives basically a 2 foot difference. So are there any build/durability differences? Is the 2 feet in title a deal breaker at various national parks and other state campgrounds? We will not be full timers as I still work but we will be in the rig for several weeks at a time in summer (a teacher life for me).
    Also... in the pictures of the 310GK, there is a shower door but at our local dealer, the rig has a shower curtain. What's up with that and is there a preference? I just know at the house, the kids always had water on the floor using a shower curtain! Thank you for any input!!
    StacyQ, you have good taste, and those are the two models we would choose. Like others, we have had 303 since 2014. We originally said let’s do this for 5 years, then do something else. Well this is a Season 6 and the only thing I’m stalling my wife for is having to buy a new truck, and all the upgrades I would add to a new RV. If you haven’t done it, go to YouTube and type in 2930 or 310gk, and look for a video walk through by Woodys RV. This guy is passionate about GD and does a good job. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Very smart! I don't think you want to become a member of the two new truck club. I might have to become one, and I have a dually. All because I bought a SxS and now want a Momentum instead of a Solitude.

Have fun shopping,
    Kevin
    The Momentum is nice! But very long : )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post

Have fun shopping,
    Kevin
    Yikes! Where are you going from a dually?
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Al,
    Not to derail this thread too much but when I was looking at the Solitude line 16,800 GVWR was the limit so I bought a truck with 18,500 towing capacity. A Momentum 397 has a GVWR of 20,000 So I need to replace the front and back gears to 4:10's or upgrade the transmission. Either will get me over 20K towing.

Regards,
    Kevin
    PS: Moral of the story be very sure you won't upgrade to a larger trailer in the future.
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12