User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Inflator

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viair all the way. I carry it in whatever vehicle I happen to be using.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viair 88 always travels with us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Model: Viair 40047 400P-RV

Never failed me yet and the pressure can handle any jobs
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viair gets the job done. A bit pricey, but it’s the best on the market right now in my opinion.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Viair is the best way to go. I have the VIAIR 400P-Automatic Function Portable Compressor. The nice thing about this version is that the compressor automatically shuts off after you release the trigger on the air chuck. The coiled hose is long enough to reach all the tires. I keep mine stored in the front compartment.

-jj

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are using ViAir 300P and it works just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea to use what you already have, IMO, sharing batteries for a Ryobi inflator makes sense. Similarly, I was thinking of using my DeWalt 120v, 135psi compressor as we usually use serviced RV parks (full hookups or at leas water and electric) and if no serviced park is available, we carry an inverter generator, 2000W. As it the DeWalt weigh only about 6 pounds more than the VIAIR I was looking at, I plan to just take it along and I already have hoses and chucks that are used at home. Any issues anyone sees?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally I was planning to use my battery powered compressor/car jumper in the travel trailer, but decided otherwise after trying it out in the yard. I've had this unit for about a year and I use it jump a car or the riding mower and to put air in a car tire if I'm too lazy to break out my Rolair compressor. Before our last trip, I noticed that all of my trailer tires were down about 8 lbs, so I took out my battery jumper/compressor and set about reinflating the tires. It worked great for the first and second tire, but didn't make it to thru the third. I normally use it on car tires that are in the 30 lb range, it takes a lot more energy to pump tires up to 80 lbs. So I'd be leery of using a battery powered compressor, like mine or a Ryobi. I would give it a try and see how well it works.

I also considered taking my little Rolair compressor with us since its petty small and light, but since we don't own a small enough generator I forgot about. I later learned that it does not like to be jostled around at all. A few months ago I traveled to my sons place (about 1.5 hours) with my nail guns and my Rolair compressor, so I put up some molding up around one of his windows. When I got there the compressor would not work at all. It would get to max pressure then the safety would blow and let out all the air. So I broke out the manual and started reading. I ended up taking the unit apart, looking for something broken and found nothing odd. So I put it back together and it worked just fine. I think all of the jostling in the car caused the pressure relief valve to get miss aligned.

Not trusting the battery powered compressor/jumper I had, I purchased the Vair 300P. After I received it, I went outside to the trailer and let 10 lbs of air out of every tire, including the spare. I then used the Vair 300P to pump them back up to 80 lbs. It did it in no time at all. I was very pleased with the compressor.

So there are many ways to skin the cat but my advice is to test it out first to make sure it works before heading out on a trip.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 06-18-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfla View Post
    What do y'all use for inflating tires when away from home? I'm looking at a Ryobi P731 18v inflator, mostly because I already have 2 batteries and 2 chargers, and I can use it around the house to inflate air mattresses. Yea? Nay?
    I use the same, and it works well. Good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be the odd man out here. I use a (brace yourself) Harbor Freight compressor...

https://www.harborfreight.com/12volt...air+compressor

This one is my second one. The first one lasted 10 years give or take before it just got weak and took longer to air up tires. When off-roading it's common practice to air down your tires for better traction, a smoother ride over washboards and stuff, and it's easier on your tires. Of course this means you have to air back up before hitting pavement. The above compressor has served me well for a fraction of the cost.

On a side note, it's kinda curious that the HB compressor looks so much like the Viair... Just sayin'...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast