User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passing along my appreciation for GD

Here is the long, but short version...

We bought a 2018 Reflection 150 series 290BH last February, and took out our new rig in May 2018. I also bought a 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD, a couple weeks earlier, so both the truck and trailer are brand new.

We traveled about 2,000 miles with the trailer and, around September, traveling through Ohio on a return trip to Michigan, I got a trailer brake service failure warning on my truck dash. The brake output disappeared, completely.

I took the truck/trailer to General RV, where they tested the trailer. The PDI technician told me the trailer output was fine, so it must be the truck. Taking the truck to the dealership, I had them replace the 7-pin. We parked the trailer for the winter, and I didn't give it a second thought.

Getting ready for the 2019 season in early May, I hooked the truck up to the trailer, drove 20 feet and experienced another brake trailer failure. I drove the trailer to the RV dealer, dropped it off to be serviced and drove my truck to the dealer. The ASA tech looked over my truck and found it wasn't the 7-pin. They wouldn't replace the pin. The RV dealer looked at the trailer and determined it wasn't the trailer.

Well if it isn't the truck, and it isn't the trailer, it must be the driver?

Called GD and spoke with Gentry in Reflection. He directed me to Dexter, and I filed a claim for the brakes.

Dexter agreed to replace all 4 brake hubs (tomorrow).

I hoping this corrects the problem.

I want to give a shout out to GD and Dexter for their promptness and great customer service!

I'll keep you posted if the brake problem is corrected....
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is good news. Last year, I was having a problem with my Ford F350 was having a problem with the trailer brakes. I kept getting warning symbols on the driver's display panel. I went so far as to completely rewire the 7-pin on the trailer. But I was still having the problem. To make a long story a little shorter, it wound up being that I'd switched the trailer's brake lights to LED from incandescent. There wasn't enough resistance in the bulbs for the truck to register. Once I put incandescent bulbs back in, the problem immediately disappeared. That's probably not your issue, but it's surprising what can cause a failure indicator in these systems.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happened to me at Whitehorse, Yukon. Turned out the brake wires were run thru the axles. Movement wore off some insulation and shorted out the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight