User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to install a Surge Guard 35550 Hardwire Model - 50 Amp

I have a 2019 315rlts tt 50 amp. I am trying to install the Surge Guard 35550 Hardwire Model - 50 Amp into this unit under the hutch. When I open the area under the "hutch" and look at the AC panel, the supply wire only has three wires; red, black, and white... no green. This is a 50amp unit so I was expecting the 4 wires coming from the exterior plug.
    Has anyone installed one of these Surge Guard 35550 Hardwire Model - 50 Amp units successfully? Where is the ground wire?
    Thank you,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I figured it out. The ground wire is a bare copper wire wrapped in brown paper. I thought that the paper was a separator. I was a bit surprised as the ground wire is not nearly as stout as the others.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that good news. Glad you found it.
    By the way , welcome to the forum.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Brian.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WilH254 View Post
    Well, I figured it out. The ground wire is a bare copper wire wrapped in brown paper. I thought that the paper was a separator. I was a bit surprised as the ground wire is not nearly as stout as the others.
    While the current carrying conductors are sized at #6 , the equipment grounding conductor is only required to be #10 .