User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Timing or Semi-Full Timing in a Toy Hauler

First.....I would like to state the obvious - INTERNET SEARCHING FOR STUFF SUCKS......BIG TIME!!! I'm old enough to say I was involved in the "internet" when it was just a pup. Searches were a piece of cake yielding what you wanted. As time went on, searches got a bit more tedious. But still not bad. And then came the sophisticated "search engines". Initially, they were a good thing. But as time went on and website developers got smart and search engine developers sold their souls to make sure he who paid the highest price went to the front of the line of the search results, it was downhill after that. It just grates on my nerves the time I spend weeding out the BS search results. Anyhow - enough of the soapbox - on with the thread.

Has anyone researched toy haulers that are suitable for full time RV'ing? I've yet to come across any manufacturer that builds an RV to full time standards both floorplan-wise and construction wise. Y'all's thoughts??

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,
    I've been searching for the last year and so far I haven't been able to find anyone to beat the Momentum 397 for meeting the majority of my requirements. I always boondock so my requirements maybe (read are) different from most. I will be following this thread with much interest.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did last winter in our 351M and it worked for us. A little more living room space and bigger dinette would be nice but we are happy overall with it. We use the garage as a mud room/laundry room/man cave once we have the trike unloaded and it works quite nicely.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full timers in our Momentum 376TH. There is a facebook group for "Momentum 376TH/Solitude 374TH" and in that fb group I posted a poll.....the majority of owners of these two models (the same floor plan) are full timers.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the days that I was shopping for a full time RV I came across Americana RV, about the only folks who actually advertised as designing and RV for full timers. Very few of the manufacturers support full time living in their RV's, they are designed around the principles of camping on weekend trips and meant as short term shelters only, pretty much the whole industry has that point of view.

I was impressed with Grand Design when they put this on their web site: Why GDRV Full Time Living. It was encouraging.

And like you I am annoyed with the marketing companies influence on the internet, they are willing to pay to push their idea of what you need onto your computer, it irritates me.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have full timed in a 380TH for 5 years and still love it. I am a Ham Radio guy, and my wife sews and does all types of crafts. Once we are set up and the Goldwing is unloaded, the garage becomes our joint play space. With our interests and hobbies, we believe that we’d still want a TH for the “flex” space even when we no longer ride.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've lived in our 399TH since we purchased it in Nov 2016. Me, my wife, 4 kids and a dog. I've had to make some modifications here and there and we are mostly stationary, but do travel as often as we can based on me getting time off of work. Even the GD owners manual states full time living is not an issue if I recall.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Luxe 48FB
    2019 Transcend 26rls
    2010 Nissan Titan w full tow package
    Rich & Sharon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy with our Momentum 395. Best bang for the buck and floor plan for us. Every since they started fully insulating the garage the momentum is a great option. This changed 2018 IIRC.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the thoughts/comments/replies. The GD 376TH/374TH are nice, but they're not a toy hauler in the truest sense in that the garage space is limited. What I've been looking for is a toy hauler that has a traditional garage (10' minimum) and full width/height. Additionally, and I think this is where the rub comes in, my ideal TH would have a living/cooking area that was similar in design layout as a 337RLS. Just about every traditional TH floor plan I've seen - even the Luxe 48FB - has the TV entertainment center at an odd viewing angle - i.e. the "theater seats" are not directly across from the TV. And it seems as though most manufacturers sacrifice the living/entertainment square footage for garage square footage. Additionally, even though the 376/374 TH's have an awesome front entertainment area, the trade off is a kinda cramped kitchen IMHO. I'm sure there's a floor plan out there that has what I'm looking for - just haven't found it.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast