User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Thank's for all the responses so far. He claims all their products are specifically blended for different things such as trucks cars motorcycles lawn tractors towing and not towing etc. It is not just one product that works in everything. I need to do some research. I was wondering if the synthetics would help my engine and tranny run cooler.
    With no offense to anyone, Amsoil is a multi-level marketing company. I make that distinction only to tell you to be suspicious of claims of remarkable performance from people who sell the product. All the oil manufacturers add specific additives for motorcycles and diesels, etc. It is not specific to Amsoil.

Interestingly enough to me, my 2015 BMW R1200GSA motorcycle uses the exact same specification oil as my 2016 Ford F250 6.7L diesel. They both call for the specs in Rotella T6, one of the least expensive oils and neither manufacturer recommends anything other than their own branded oil. Who'da thunk it?

For those folks who change their synth oil at the same time/mileage as the dino oils, good onya. If throwing a little money away brings you peace of mind I am all for it, not kidding.

The only way to get an idea of oil performance and longevity is to send a sample off for analysis. Anything else is just guessing.
    Last edited by JColeman; 05-24-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    With no offense to anyone, Amsoil is a multi-level marketing company. I make that distinction only to tell you to be suspicious of claims of remarkable performance from people who sell the product. All the oil manufacturers add specific additives for motorcycles and diesels, etc. It is not specific to Amsoil.

Interestingly enough to me, my 2015 BMW R1200GSA motorcycle uses the exact same specification oil as my 2016 Ford F250 6.7L diesel. They both call for the specs in Rotella T6, one of the least expensive oils and neither manufacturer recommends anything other than their own branded oil. Who'da thunk it?

For those folks who change their synth oil at the same time/mileage as the dino oils, good onya. If throwing a little money away brings you peace of mind I am all for it, not kidding.

The only way to get an idea of oil performance and longevity is to send a sample off for analysis. Anything else is just guessing.
    Using the factory recommended oil which is to be changed based on the oil life monitor, takes all the guess work out of this. If throwing money away on lab tests makes folks feel better so be it.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Using the factory recommended oil which is to be changed based on the oil life monitor, takes all the guess work out of this. If throwing money away on lab tests makes folks feel better so be it.
    Change recommended to specifications and I'm right with you.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of something I seen down by the river one day. They have the big tanks of gasoline there and wouldn't you know it there was the BP , Exxon, Sheetz , and a couple other trucks all there at the same time getting filled out of the same tank. I think the motor oil companies do the same thing.

Brian

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Spot on...…..And it should be API certified.
    https://www.api.org/products-and-services/engine-oil
    X2 on this you must use the oil specified for the truck and it must have the little API donut logo on the bottle/packaging. Your owner’s manual very likely will refer to the API seal being a requirement as well.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been really particular about the type of oils I use in my vehicles - especially my sports cars. But what I'm slowly learning as I get older is I never own cars long enough for it to matter even if the types of oil I used made a difference to engine longevity. The good news is I always seem to find good deals with rebates on the "high-end" oils I choose so they don't cost much more than the cheapest store brand oils.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I've always been really particular about the type of oils I use in my vehicles - especially my sports cars. But what I'm slowly learning as I get older is I never own cars long enough for it to matter even if the types of oil I used made a difference to engine longevity. The good news is I always seem to find good deals with rebates on the "high-end" oils I choose so they don't cost much more than the cheapest store brand oils.
    Thank's everyone for your feedback. I was hoping for a little more in site from actual users of the products and their experience.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    I was hoping for a little more in site from actual users of the products and their experience.
    Go on any car enthusiast forum or http://bobistheoilguy.com and you'll find a gazillion threads about Amsoil products.
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-24-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amzoil is a very good synthetic oil. I used it in my motorcycles until it was a little harder to get then I switched to Mobil One synthetic. Amzoil is far superior to conventional motor oil but I would say it is on par with other synthetic oils. I only use synthetic in my vehicles as well as the bikes.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    This reminds me of something I seen down by the river one day. They have the big tanks of gasoline there and wouldn't you know it there was the BP , Exxon, Sheetz , and a couple other trucks all there at the same time getting filled out of the same tank. I think the motor oil companies do the same thing.

Brian
    Each vendor uses their own additive package. Invigorate and other terms are pure marketing. But you can buy gas from el cheapo and compare how your truck runs compared to a top tier station and you will feel the difference. Your wallet will also show a difference.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast