User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question question about the reciever located on the rear of the traile

I have a all aluminum trailer and a golf cart. can I tow it using that receiver? I know the tonge weight is 300lbs. But I can not find the tow weight.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May depend on what trailer you want to tow behind and what state you live in.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Payne View Post
    I have a all aluminum trailer and a golf cart. can I tow it using that receiver? I know the tonge weight is 300lbs. But I can not find the tow weight.
    If you have a newer trailer, 1 year old maybe, it should have 300# tongue weight , 3000# towing. I would recommend making sure the bolts are tight that secure the hitch to the trailer frame. Also I would recommend using at your own risk. Looking at how the hitch is fastened to the frame on mine I would not trust it to pull 3000#.
    Maybe contact GD and make sure of what you have.

Brian

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    If you have a newer trailer, 1 year old maybe, it should have 300# tongue weight , 3000# towing. I would recommend making sure the bolts are tight that secure the hitch to the trailer frame. Also I would recommend using at your own risk. Looking at how the hitch is fastened to the frame on mine I would not trust it to pull 3000#.
    Maybe contact GD and make sure of what you have.

Brian
    They must keep changing these ratings or maybe it's based on the trailer, Solitude or Reflection. My 2017 Reflection 28bh hitch said 300 lb tongue and 3000 lb max tow weight. It did not have the 4 pin plug. My current Solitude hitch is clearly labeled 350/3500 pound ratings and does have the 4 pin flat plug for trailer lights. Hmmmm ???
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    They must keep changing these ratings or maybe it's based on the trailer, Solitude or Reflection. My 2017 Reflection 28bh hitch said 300 lb tongue and 3000 lb max tow weight. It did not have the 4 pin plug. My current Solitude hitch is clearly labeled 350/3500 pound ratings and does have the 4 pin flat plug for trailer lights. Hmmmm ???
    Jeff
    You are right , this is the new weight rating , I still would be cautious.

Brian