User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn - You have picked up on a 3 year old thread on this topic . . . and posted the question in a couple of different places at the same time. There is much more recent info/discussion on slide toppers. Some members of this forum have done their own installations. If you enter "slide toppers" into the search tool in the upper right corner, you will find these related discussions which will help to answer your question.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Rob
    Ok obviously new at this.
    Thanks for the help.
    Dawn

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding slide canopies

Post deleted

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thank you for the great advice!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding slide canopies

Post deleted

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on size $600 with install is about right. If possible check out other dealer installs. Our previous TT slide covers were almost flat and therefore puddled badly, the dealer tried to tighten them up and bent the rollers. Different dealer, larger, installed 3 slide covers on our Reflection 29RS have a good angle and haven't bellied.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 385TH with 3 slides, I installed mine myself, its not hard to do, you just need another set of hands and a couple of 8foot step ladders, my 3 cost around 1100.oo you need some sealant and some patients, READ THE DIRECTIONS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 6 RV's I've learned I can't do with out the slide toppers. Had the dealer install them on our 303RLS when it came, price by linear foot was below 2K.
    Got too old to be climbing up on a ladder to clear the leafs and twigs before actuating slide.
    On our 41 ft Heartland, had wide toppers and when it rained, the water would pool in the middle, made a loop (duplex wire) on a long one x one enough to
    reach the a handle that sticks out on all of them and pull down and empty (stand to the side or get wet). Cool how the snow rolls off when you slide in, but
    like mentioned above, watch for ice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2018 373FB-R Solitude was inbound to the dealer before we "picked it", they ordered without slide toppers. Made a deal with the dealer for a discounted price on 4 Carefree Slide Topers. Just finished installing everything except the cover rail that attaches to the coach body its self. The instructions (off the Carefree web site) were good enough to figure out. A 10 foot ladder would have been better than the 8 foot one I used! Do make sure that you get the rail attached higher that the main roller so that the rain & snow drain away from the coach body.

John & Laura

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phydeauxman View Post
    On our last trip (last week) we got a decent amount of heavy/wet snow and then some freezing temps that caused a snow dam to build up on top of a couple of our slides. When we went to pack up, we had to wind up pouring some hot water on top of the slide to break the ice loose. This made me wonder if it is possible to add the retractable awning covers that I see on some campers that cover the slide when it is extended. It looks like the channel to connect them to the side of the camper is already there (part of the gutter)...just not sure if this is doable or not.
    Has anyone tried any kind of de-icer for the slides? [mention:888]
    Thanks
    Mike and Sherri
    2019 Ford F-350 6.7 PowerStroke SRW Crew Cab 8’ 4x4
    2019 Grsnd Design Reflection 337RLS dual A/C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12