User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Litter Box?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have 3 cats. We tried the shower stall approach and decided that was too much work. So we found a top-entry litter box, which significantly controls the digging-to-China mess. We move the litter box around if we want to use the floorspace it's in, so it goes back and forth between the garage and the living area as needed (we're in a Momentum). It's easy to lift, as the lid is a true lid - it's not like a covered box where you have to lift from the bottom tray. It also keeps things neater in the truck while we're towing, since the cats ride loose in the truck with us and the dogs. We found this style box takes up less room than a tray inside a hard-sided carrier. The lid of the box has a hole on one side, then a space on the other for cats to perch - especially useful in the truck, as it provides a window perch.
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp75_CO View Post
    We also have 3 cats. We tried the shower stall approach and decided that was too much work. So we found a top-entry litter box, which significantly controls the digging-to-China mess. We move the litter box around if we want to use the floorspace it's in, so it goes back and forth between the garage and the living area as needed (we're in a Momentum). It's easy to lift, as the lid is a true lid - it's not like a covered box where you have to lift from the bottom tray. It also keeps things neater in the truck while we're towing, since the cats ride loose in the truck with us and the dogs. We found this style box takes up less room than a tray inside a hard-sided carrier. The lid of the box has a hole on one side, then a space on the other for cats to perch - especially useful in the truck, as it provides a window perch.

What brand? We looked for a top entry at a couple of shops and didn't find one we liked. We move ours around now and have found a combination of cat litter (yesterday's news and tidy cat) that seem to work with our furry pawed cat.
    2015 313rlts and Ram 2500 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to the one we found. It was in stock and on sale at our local store when we went. The lid is attached but swings open. The "solid" part of the top actually has tiny holes, so if litter does get on top, it's easy to sweep back in. The baby kitten didn't like it at first, as she was too little to jump up and we had a "foreign" litter. (We like the crystal style for odor control.) So for the first couple of weeks, we gave her a separate kitten box. Now she uses the top entry like the big boys!

Note: when I bought the box, the clerk warned me that not all cats like this style of litter box. I just set it aside at home without litter, so it was just like another box to be explored. They liked it in no time flat, and we had no issues once we turned it into their RV litter box.

http://www.petsmart.com/cat/litter-b...6-catid-200094
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

acjduval
    In our 318RST, we wanted to get the litter box outside of the living areas and allow our two cats access to their outdoor cage on their own. I did that by designing a runway through the basement. First I cut a small pet door in the middle step. Second I walled off under the steps to limit their access to the basement. Third I cut two access openings into the basement, one to strap a covered litter box in front of and the other to create a runway to the outside cage.
    To create the runway, I removed the plastic recessed tray below the basement door. I then built a wooden box with a hinged, partial top and a box to connect the runway to the opening beneath the stairs. Next I built a chute with a hinge in it to allow it to bend as route to the outside cage. Then I a cut a trapdoor in the bottom front of the wood runway to connect the runway to the cage.
    The chute will lay in the bottom of the runway and the trap door will close and seal for travel.
    Our cats love the freedom to roam in and out to the cage and litter box day or night.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160225_125906.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	3769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160225_130024.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	3770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160225_130250.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	3771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160225_130406.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	3772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160225_130429.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	3773

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, looks like your cats are very spoiled !! nice. I like looking at different ways to put the litter box in the trailer since I am looking for ideas.
    18 Momentum 376TH
    13 GMC Dually Duramax Denali
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhagan View Post
    Finished off litter box access with SmartTiles and trim.
    Attachment 2237
    Changing the litter and cleaning this isn't an issue for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we removed two dining room chairs,
    and put a cardboard box from U-Haul, in between the table and wall,
    on the side of the box (facing back of the trailer I cut a hole.) for missy to enter in.
    the end of the box that facing the kitchen, we can open it up and pull the litter box out for easy cleaning.
    We put a nice table cloth over it, Looks nice and out of the way.
    We have the 27RL,

Traveling w/cats
    We have the 303 Reflection. It has the standing table and chairs. We just move out one of the chairs (in the corner) and put the litter box there. Seems to work well for our two cats who always travel with us and the box is out of the way. Good luck!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi we’re just starting out with a Solitude 310. We have two Ragdolls. I was thinking of putting the litter box in the washer/dryer prep area. I have great mats that can be washed that also cling litter to them. Think this would work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! We also have the 310gk, and one kitty. We keep her litterbox in the shower. When we need to shower we move it. I wish it would fit next to the toilet but the shower is nice and out of the way.

Also, I'll tell you right now to open your under storage and seal off the cubbies under the steps where shoes go. Our second trip out, our cat found her way in and then up inside, which led her to the basement storage, behind the paneling!!! Board it up from underneath and save yourself the panic we had coming back to an RV with no cat in sight!!!

PS love ragdoll kitties!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast