Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least when GD makes an electrical run, they prohibit their assemblers/electricians from making a splice in the wires. If the wire is not long enough, they pull a new one. When I was at the factory, I saw them pulling individual wires off the spools to form a loom. I realize there is some discretion on where the wires are placed, but by and large what I saw was that they were running pretty consistently in the same spots.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Scott,

I (for one) appreciate what you are saying from your soapbox. Absolutely no apology required. It seems to me that what-connects-to-what (the schematic) should be common across many coaches. I am disappointed that GD won't share this. I understand that how these wires or pipes are run, is (unfortunately) left up to the assembler of the day.

A while ago, I suggested that we set up a photo album on this forum of what we see whenever we open up a "rat's nest" area of our coaches. This info would be very valuable to those taking on a similar investigation or project. That post didn't receive much response . . . maybe I can re-kindle the idea here.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second that! How nice would that be?
    Scott & Carol Albuquerque, New Mexico
    2012 Ram 2500 Bagged, Tweaked Hard
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    Onan RV 5500 LP
    50 amp direct wired surge guard
    Go Power 3000 watt Inverter
    F1103110

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to add venturemfgco.com to your list of component mfg's. They make the actuators for the LCI slideout components.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not encourage the improvement by creating a "run" of information in one thread or forum location showing the location of or having an attachment of RV items. Could title each post with model, location, attachment, info; i.e., "303RLS Air Conditioner" as subject. In body of post: Living Room AC is Dometic, model number 12345, non-heat pump...xxx. Attached (can we attach stuff here anywhere?) is the manufactuerer manual."

Or, similar subject, another thread with routine maintenance: Pics showing how someone cleans the AC filter or tightens the mounting bolts periodically as part of routine maintenance.

Could create an area for personal mods as well. I document a lot of mods I do as well as fixes and wouldn't mind contributing. I've got several mods to do after I get the RV anyway. Could be a great reference point for issues in one place.
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    Why not encourage the improvement by creating a "run" of information in one thread or forum location showing the location of or having an attachment of RV items. Could title each post with model, location, attachment, info; i.e., "303RLS Air Conditioner" as subject. In body of post: Living Room AC is Dometic, model number 12345, non-heat pump...xxx. Attached (can we attach stuff here anywhere?) is the manufactuerer manual."

Or, similar subject, another thread with routine maintenance: Pics showing how someone cleans the AC filter or tightens the mounting bolts periodically as part of routine maintenance.

Could create an area for personal mods as well. I document a lot of mods I do as well as fixes and wouldn't mind contributing. I've got several mods to do after I get the RV anyway. Could be a great reference point for issues in one place.
    Hi Brent & Gina (@Brent M),

We will be releasing our owner's app soon which will address some of these requirements.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you provide schematics, and then they are wrong, where is the liability, I think this is why no RV mfg wants to provide these? Maybe I am wrong?
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the owner's APP,,,,,,,
    Nelson & Susan
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    FT @ Orange Grove RV Park
    2015 GD379FL Solitude
    We Pull with 2016 RAM 3500 DRW, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins
    We are FTing and FT Work we have a few more years till we can travel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Schematic 2016 369RL

I was a bit unsure of how the Four Function Valve, the Hot Water Heater Bypass and the Fresh Tank Access valve worked in harmony with each other for the different "Modes" of using water, filling and sanitizing.
    So, I climbed down into the basement with a sketch pad, took the panel off to expose the tubing, pump, hot water heater, etc. and I made a rough sketch.
    I then took that rough sketch and translated it into a formal Schematic Diagram.
    Now, I fully understand how water flows in all the "Modes".
    Not all systems are the same, its hard to know if this schematic applies to all, some or none GD RV's that are not the same vintage as mine.

UPDATE
    17.JUN.2015
    I have learned from reading other posts and on other forums about others have the same problem with the Kanleak valves.
    They determined that the root cause problem is from turning the Andersen Kantleak valve while city water is connected and ON.
    The pressure of the city water blows the O-Rings off as you turn the valve from one position to another.
    Do NOT rotate the valve while under pressure.
    I have updated my water system schematic accordingly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schematic Water System - 2016 GD Solitude 369RL #4808.pdf  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast