User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    schrederman

Greetings from Texas

Hello all...

I'm new to this forum, but not new to RVing, specifically to travel trailers. I have owned 2 different trailers and I'm looking closely at the Reflection TT made by Grand Design. My problem is one of population explosion. A short 4 and a half years ago I had no grand children and now I have 6. I am also one that appreciates things that are done right... once. I haven't found much of that with the 2 trailers I've owned. To be fair... both trailers have been OK, with no major problems, and I caused the minor ones by being a noob... or a boob... not sure which. My daughter and son-in-law still have the Shadow Cruiser that was our first TT and it's still relatively trouble-free. My current TT still works but is a bit cramped, and I'm constantly repairing/upgrading things.

That brings me to this forum. I saw Reflection TTs and 5ers at the RV show in Ft Worth a couple of months ago. The first thing that caught my eye was the steps. They seemed to be made a bit better than what I've come to expect from the RV industry... so I went in. This was the first time I'd been impressed in a while where RVs are concerned. Yes, but it's still a box on wheels. So, while I don't own one of these, just yet, the posts and complaints/praises I see here will determine if that's ever going to happen.

Thanks... and I'll be reading with much curiosity...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our Solitude. I think that you will find the consenus of the people on this forum are that we like/love our Grand Designs. While they may not be perfect and my develop issues, the customer support received from the people at Grand Design have made very loyal and enthuastic customers and supporters.

I also understand the population explosion. 5 years ago I had not grandchildren. One remarriage later, I now have seven ranging in age from 12 down to 6 months.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum schrederman! I think you will find that the majority of owners here are very happy with their purchase of a Grand Design product. Ask plenty of questions, the owners are always willing to answer any and all.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Hang around, you will hear the good, bad and the ugly. All RV's have problems. I think Gran Design have fewer than most, and customer service is the best in the industry
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

schrederman
    Thanks, everyone... The only troubling thing I see is not many on the forums. I suppose Grand Design is not an old company so there aren't very many units out there yet... Am I correct? That doesn't concern me too much. I am hoping I have found a company that has a fresh take on RV quality and excellence of service... though, hopefully rarely needed. I am not one to make decisions quickly, and since these grandchildren are quite young, yet, we'll take our time with making this decision. The costs involved with trading up are not insignificant, so I'll be as meticulous as possible before deciding to pull the pin and throw... I like to buy really good stuff and keep it forever. I bought a Martin guitar 49 years ago... when I was 16... and still play it regularly... and it still looks almost new, except for the spruce top turning from almost white to a honey-gold color, and some finish being worn off the neck. I haven't seen that type of quality in the RV industry... To be honest, I doubt I'll see it with Grand Design, either, but their quality and craftsmanship does seem to be far above most of the rest. I'm pretty sure even the overpriced stuff with polished aluminum skins can't boast above what I've seen so far. That being said, we'll lurk here in the background and read other's experiences for a year or two before we bite this off. Thanks again...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone else may be able to give a more precise number, but I believe there are at least 5K GDRV units out there, among the three product lines.
    There are about 1500 users here on the Forum and over 1000 on the Facebook page. (Some are the same, of course.)
    There is some overlap btwn this Forum and the Facebook page, but you'll probably see lots more photos over there.
    But then you have to put up with a bit more drama that seems to show up on Facebook.........

Welcome to the forum!

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
    I like to buy really good stuff and keep it forever. I bought a Martin guitar 49 years ago... when I was 16... and still play it regularly... and it still looks almost new, except for the spruce top turning from almost white to a honey-gold color, and some finish being worn off the neck...
    I'll offer you a bright, shiny new guitar for that old, beat up Martin if you like!

I recall that I heard GD had sold over 5K unit as of last summer before the owners' rally. The number produced by now??? I still surprised as the none of the 6 (or so) other GD owners that I've spoken to in our travels had ever heard of this forum. I can tell you that for the size of the membership, there is a lot of activity on this forum. To put things in perspective, Forest River Forum (where I also spend time) has around 200 new or updated threads per day with a membership over 55,000. Here we're around 75 new or updated threads with a membership of under 1500. The bonus is that GD personnel read and contribute on the forum...one of GDRV owners, Bill Fenech is a regular contributor!

Very friendly folk here...if you have a question just ask away.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Schrederman! While Grand Design is a few years old now and starting to amass impressive numbers, the Reflection TT are a fairly new addition. From what I've seen the quality doesn't drop off though, they use the same quality craftsmanship and materials, just a different design. And as already stated the customer service far exceeds the other brands out there! Good luck with your research and decision, enjoy all those grandkids.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

schrederman
    Dave,

I'd sooner trade you my left arm than the old Martin D-21.. Something about the Brazilian rosewood makes it kind of special, and I've never played another guitar I like nearly as much...

Thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schrederman and Dave and Monica,
    Sounds like we need another topic on just guitars. Two of my most prized are my fathers '51 D-18 and my '70 D12-20. I wouldn't trade either for anything newer. Don't get me wrong, I like my Taylors and probably play them more often, but the Martins have a spot in my heart. I learned how to play on that old '51
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast