User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Roof coverings

There are a few products on the market for RV roofs, like the spray on bed liner material. I would think this would be great for protection from tree branches and things scraping the roof. Has anyone had this this applied to their roof?
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes by a couple of different names, depending on who is installing it.

Here is a link to the search results, but their are a few threads on the Goodyear Road Armor product.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/thre...php?do=process

They should give you lots to think about.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come across a company called Flex Armor on the internet & thought it sounds interesting. https://rvroof.com/ Not sure of the pricing or if it's worth but would like to know more.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah me too, I've watched an instal video but it just seems like a painted on rubber roof coating, I could be wrong though. I've seen a commercial from a local truck spray in bed liner company similar to a rhino liner advertising that they apply that same material to RV roofs. If that's possible I would be very interested in having it done to my brand new 5'r! Why wait for tree limbs to puncture the new rubber roof while driving?? You can do your best to avoid low hanging branches but sometimes your just going to hit them. I would think a material like rhino linings bed liner would not have any damage.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bringing mine in to have it sprayed next Friday. On our last trip, a tree limb decided to punch a bunch of small holes on our existing roof (pretty sure it was my fault for parking where I did). I temporarily patched the holes with Eternabond, but don't think that's a remote option for a long term fix. Read tons of great reviews on the stuff so I'm pretty excited to have it done. I'll post pictures and a comprehensive review of the process when it's done. I'll ask the shop to document the process as they go so I can supply pictures also.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a few folks in the Escapees RV Club have had the RV Armor product installed and are very happy with it.

https://rv-armor.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw...BoCJ80QAvD_BwE

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up the rig yesterday from the spray roof place. All finished up. Very impressed with the roof. They even sprayed the roof vent, ac covers, etc to prevent UV damage to any plastics up there. They also added a little riser under each AC to help prevent water buildup at the gaskets. Neat touch I didn't know they would do. Lifetime warranty as well. It's quite thick as you can see in the pictures. They extended about 6" onto the front cap and wrapped around the rear also. The one thing I was not prepared for of is they sprayed over the bathroom skylight. It is darker in there now but we will manage. Was told they do that due to potential UV issues and becoming brittle and cracking. Other than that surprise, I am happy with the overall job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5925.jpg   IMG_5924.jpg   IMG_5922.jpg   IMG_5928.jpg   IMG_5929.jpg  

John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    Picked up the rig yesterday from the spray roof place. All finished up. Very impressed with the roof. They even sprayed the roof vent, ac covers, etc to prevent UV damage to any plastics up there. They also added a little riser under each AC to help prevent water buildup at the gaskets. Neat touch I didn't know they would do. Lifetime warranty as well. It's quite thick as you can see in the pictures. They extended about 6" onto the front cap and wrapped around the rear also. The one thing I was not prepared for of is they sprayed over the bathroom skylight. It is darker in there now but we will manage. Was told they do that due to potential UV issues and becoming brittle and cracking. Other than that surprise, I am happy with the overall job.
    You never disclosed which product or vendor did this for you. Nor the cost. It looks like a nice application.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    Wow, does look like a really nice and clean job! What product did they use and who did it? It looks like the spray in bedliner stuff used on pickup beds is it similar? If it's as tough as the pickup bed liner stuff it's got to hold up to the occasional tree branch! I wish manufacturers would offer this as an option!
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    You never disclosed which product or vendor did this for you. Nor the cost. It looks like a nice application.
    It was done by a company called Pro-Tek RV here in Houma, LA. Not sure what the actual product is called but it’s very much like a spray in bedliner material. It appears a little more flexible than what we spray at the Chevy dealership. The cost is $165.00 a foot. My total cost including tax was $7600.00 of which my comprehensive insurance covered all but $500.00 (my deductible).
    I’d be happy to provide the dealers contact information via PM to anyone interested.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast