Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoythunter141 View Post
    Our very first camper. A 2018 367BHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't take this the wrong way, I am just curious. Is your trailer with it all loaded within your payload? My Chevy 2500 duramax only has a payload of just over 2500 lbs. If your Ram has a payload that can fit this I might be re thinking my truck purchase. Looks good.
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel CC SB SRW, payload 3680
    2018 Rockwood Roo 233
    Next Year - Reflection 340RDS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our very first camper. A 2018 367BHS.

Looking good....Congrats!
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ryan,
    Just to fill you in on how I got the truck and camper that I have. I grew up on a farm and have pulled large loads my whole life and have always owned diesel trucks. When I bought this truck I never thought I would own a camper much less one that is 42' long from tip to tip and weighing 12,500 dry. With that, when we started shopping I didn't want a small camper that would be cramped when we are out camping on rainy days and what not (2 adults and 3 kids which 2 are teenagers). I am a "Go big or go home" kind of guy. So when I bought our camper I was stressed out about whether my truck was going to be able to handle this camper or not especially after reading this forum and what some people had to say. Like I said I have pulled loads my whole life and before starting to read this forum had no doubt I would be fine. I added air bags and I have now pulled it around 1200 miles in 2 months and I feel confident that I can safely pull this camper down the road as well as stop it when needed. Am I pushing the limits on weight? For sure.. Would a 1 Ton be a better option? Absolutely... but I am not in a position to go trade my truck in especially after I have put thousands of dollars of mods on it in the last 2 years. I just drive safe and be cautious of other idiots on the road. I just take my time on interstate (65mph tops), keep my distance between myself and others (even if it requires slowing down), and ALWAYS leave myself plenty of room to stop way ahead of time. One day I plan to move up to a 1 ton but until then my Dodge 2500 will have to work and the wife will have to live with not being able to load our master bedroom closet down and adding a washer dryer like she wants to do. So at the end of the day I am probably over pay load but I just drive safe and pay attention at all times. I have no plans what so ever to pull it loaded. I have added all of the weight that I have added since we bought it and it is around 550lbs of "extra" stuff. With all that like I said above I just am not in the position to trade my truck in or have a DRW truck at this time and I needed a big camper. We will just always have to roll as light as possible. My wife has followed me on every trip that we have been on so far with clothes and kids in the vehicle with her.
    Hunter & Cara
    2014 Ram 2500 3/4 Ton with Remote Airbags & B&W Companion Slider
    2018 GD Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    Looking good....Congrats!
    Thanks Randy. We love it.
    Hunter & Cara
    2014 Ram 2500 3/4 Ton with Remote Airbags & B&W Companion Slider
    2018 GD Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ryan,
    Just to fill you in on how I got the truck and camper that I have. I grew up on a farm and have pulled large loads my whole life and have always owned diesel trucks. When I bought this truck I never thought I would own a camper much less one that is 42' long from tip to tip and weighing 12,500 dry. With that, when we started shopping I didn't want a small camper that would be cramped when we are out camping on rainy days and what not (2 adults and 3 kids which 2 are teenagers). I am a "Go big or go home" kind of guy. So when I bought our camper I was stressed out about whether my truck was going to be able to handle this camper or not especially after reading this forum and what some people had to say. Like I said I have pulled loads my whole life and before starting to read this forum had no doubt I would be fine. I added air bags and I have now pulled it around 1200 miles in 2 months and I feel confident that I can safely pull this camper down the road as well as stop it when needed. Am I pushing the limits on weight? For sure.. Would a 1 Ton be a better option? Absolutely... but I am not in a position to go trade my truck in especially after I have put thousands of dollars of mods on it in the last 2 years. I just drive safe and be cautious of other idiots on the road. I just take my time on interstate (65mph tops), keep my distance between myself and others (even if it requires slowing down), and ALWAYS leave myself plenty of room to stop way ahead of time. One day I plan to move up to a 1 ton but until then my Dodge 2500 will have to work and the wife will have to live with not being able to load our master bedroom closet down and adding a washer dryer like she wants to do. So at the end of the day I am probably over pay load but I just drive safe and pay attention at all times. I have no plans what so ever to pull it loaded. I have added all of the weight that I have added since we bought it and it is around 550lbs of "extra" stuff. With all that like I said above I just am not in the position to trade my truck in or have a DRW truck at this time and I needed a big camper. We will just always have to roll as light as possible. My wife has followed me on every trip that we have been on so far with clothes and kids in the vehicle with her.
    Hunter, I have the same rig and a 2500 HD with air bags and in the same boat that you are. Be safe and enjoy.... I know we will!
    Kim and Dave Scott
    2018 Reflection 367BHS *AKA* "Grace"
    2019 F350 Super Duty "Limited" DRW
    2013 H-D Road Glide
    "Whoever dies with the most toys wins"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our new (1st RV) 2018 315RTLS, “The Goat Locker.” Towing her is Big Blue, 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie MC 4x4. We picked up The Goat Locker Feb 10th. On Feb 11th, (my son’s birthday) we were driving home from breakfast and woman ran a red light while texting and hit us. Luckily I saw her at the last moment and was able to lock it up and stop, limiting the damage and avoiding injury to my family. The woman and her young daughter (10yrs) were injured but will be ok. We hope to get Big Blue back soon so that we may go out and enjoy the new rig. Thanks to all of the advise and support on this forum. It makes us much smarter and we look forward to seeing you all out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D3F9CAB-7CAD-4D98-B23E-96F3A3DAB2CC.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	11516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	346DA3D4-7628-41EC-8CDF-6959B04C9593.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	11517

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta3 View Post
    Hunter, I have the same rig and a 2500 HD with air bags and in the same boat that you are. Be safe and enjoy.... I know we will!
    Exact same position as both of you guys. Brought home our 2018 367bhs on Wednesday, Can't wait to take her out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camper1.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	11526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camper2.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	11527
    Josh & Tammy
    6 kids if you count our 3yr old yorkie
    2018 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Gmc Denali 3500 Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in the same position as well. Have pulled overloaded many times at work. Mines a little heavier than yours but I’m not pulling it much. It’ll go out to west texas with me this weekend and stay there for months while I work. Like hunter said, I could get a F350/450 and would if I was pulling all the time, but don’t want to spend the money right now. Next truck I will. Need to get airbags for sure. She’s big but she’s our home away from home.

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but I bet we'd be shocked at what the test engineers hitch up to any of these trucks - 1500, 2500, 3500. I bet they overload them and torture the bejeesus outta them. Man....where can I get a job like that.

Tom

Page 64 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast