User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 285BHTS. Part number BLL-501900-2006-1PK from www.rvlocksandmore.com was an EXACT replacement for the Grand Design Southco style slam latches. There is an existing back plate with 4 screws. Remove the 4 screws and remove the factory installed latch mechanism. Do not drill out the rivets as you can re-use the existing back plate. Install the new latch assembly and re-use the four factory screws. The locks are an exact replacement which require NO shims or modification to the BLL-501900-2006-1PK.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just keep a trunk monkey in my storage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    ...I never leave the gas or city water on when I'm not there and leave all the compartments and doors unlocked while I am there. First order of business is to unlock all compartments and doors then turn on the water followed by gas then turn on the water heater. I reverse it when I leave.
    Slightly OT, but I'm going to have to make this my norm, too. Thanks for the post--the gas story was entertaining. (I realize this thread is quite old, but glad it's still going. I'm curious how many keys the dealer will hand me for the '19 315RLTS.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard

You should get 3 different keys, 1 set for entrance door, 1 set for slam latch doors, and maybe the 651 key for other storage.

2-days of waiting left.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another company called Industrial Lock and Hardware. The website is www.ch751.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new 2400BH followed us home Friday and thanks to this thread, three new locks for the outdoor kitchen and the baggage doors are on order, and will be keyed to the main door. Couldn’t believe they came with 751 keyed locks. Thanks all for an informative thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the thread, just ordered all replacement locks for the 295 we take delivery on Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Seems a bit silly changing out locks with a brand new RV but two things drive me crazy. One is having 3 different keys and the other is 2 of the three keys are on 99.99999999999999999% of every new RV that is produced. The cam locks I got on the outdoor kitchen latch and the front compartment where the battery is had the single most common key in the RV industry, the dreaded CH751. If you trust everyone everywhere you go then by all means leave them as is but Ive heard and seen more than one horror story of people getting ripped off because pretty much all of these cam locks have the CH 751 key and folks would go places like nascar races only to find they were robbed after the fact as their storage was still locked. The slam latches while nice have the second most common key, the southco R001 key and every single slam latch on every single grand design that I know of has the R001 key as they only come two ways, the R001 and the CH751. The only lock that actually has different key combinations is the entry lock on the door with the Global Link set that at least has 50 different combinations and the keyset is printed on the inside of the lock under the interior cover plate so you have to be on the inside and remove the cover to see which of the 50 keys it is. So I sourced the cam locks already from http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/ and ordered them keyed the same as my entry lock and replaced those easily so there goes the CH751 key. There are no clear cut drawings for the replacement of the slam latch as they made it to replace the Fastec latches. I did however get Brian at http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/ to send me some rough dimensions and it appears they are pretty darn close if not spot on ( he sent me what he measured to 1/8 of an inch with a tape measure and the Southco drawings are presented in 100ths)so I ordered up 4 of those in hopes they will be an easy install, he said I can return them if not. Fingers crossed as it would be one hell of a lot easier to only need 1 stinking key and not one that is on every RV from every manufacturer on the market. The slam latches will be in next Monday and it will probably be the following weekend before I can get to it but Ill post back to let everyone know if they work out or not. The outside dimensions on the exterior flange are spot on at 4.5x5 inches with all of them with Southco just not being perfectly square, slightly ovaled on the vertical lines.

This would be the slam latch I ordeed
    http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Global...6#.VUF7fvlViko
    Do you have to replace the slam latches or can they just be re-keyed?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor739 View Post
    Do you have to replace the slam latches or can they just be re-keyed?
    “No longer available”
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7
    2020 Reflection 268BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Brian,
    Did you replace both slam latches on the passenger side?? I'm trying to save $40 and wondered if it's necessary to replace both latches or just one and leave the other one unlocked all the time. Let me know your thoughts. I appreciate all your input and pics you've posted.

Brian
    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast