User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Long Ride
    I research tells me the cometition has a higher failure and user dissatisfaction rate which is why we are all on this forum and not theirs. We decided long ago quality was more important than price. This industry and their suppliers seem driven to compromise quality at some level in favor of price. A suggestion to GD: raise the standard for pre-flight testing to a higher level. Include some prolonged operation of all systems to make minimize the chance a faulty suppliers product doesn't make it out the door. If that adds a grand to the price then so be it. It cost a lot more than that to return a unit to the dealer 5 times. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be reasonable to believe that almost everything on Rodney's list was not there at the end of the GD assembly line.
    Shake it down the road and things happen. The dealer is supposed to (and usually does) catch these.
    Now, a few months of camping and the list begins to grow. This is where the frustration begins to build.
    Weeks to schedule a service appointment. Weeks to get GD authorization (supposedly). Weeks to get parts.
    Yet, an owner can call GD and receive a part the next day ??

It is the dealer service process that needs the most improvement.
    This is what GD should focus on for the biggest improvement to customer satisfaction.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point of my post above was to play devil's advocate. I don't think GD's quality control is any worse than any other RV manufacturer. Probably better than most. Certainly their customer service is excellent. As far as dealers go they are independently owned companies and GD has little control over them other than pulling their products from the dealer. And most dealers sell many brands so in some cases the leverage isn't there. For maximum satisfaction with an RV purchase I think choosing a dealer is as important as choosing the product itself.

Long Ride
    Fortunately we can choose from two different dealrs within 1-1/2 hrs, both of whom get excellant ratings. You can bet I will continue checking them out closely as you all suggest. Is it fair to demand that I be present for the PDI?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to be present for the PDI but you will want to do your own PDI during/after your orientation. Give the dealer a chance to do their job and then verify. Tell them ahead of time you want to inspect and test all systems and structures before handing over the cheque. This way they can schedule accordingly. BTW, we drove 6 hours to buy ours from the dealer we chose.

Rodney
    Can the administrators of this forum remove a post? i replied respectfully to Rob, and now the post is no where to be found.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Can the administrators of this forum remove a post? i replied respectfully to Rob, and now the post is no where to be found.
    Yes they can and will but you would normally get a private message telling you why. Check the top of you page under Notifications.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Rodney
    No message in my inbox. Very interesting!

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had 2 other brands of 5th wheels, so speaking from a my little bit of experience, most of it has been said here already. Just saying it again I guess!

1. All RV manufacturers have some issues, that being said from what I have seen here, Grand Design has to be one of the best at listening to their customers. There is a recent thread on this forum about the maze of plumbing and electrical in the basement that most people don`t see. Grand Design replied to this thread and said they were going to listen to this little bit of customer input and try to do better. I do not believe any other manufacturer would have ever posted on that thread.

2. The issues with appliances are all pretty much standard, there is at most 3 manufacturers for most RV appliances. Given the owners of Grand Design have the experience that they do in the RV market, I can believe that they chose among the best of the limited options.

3. Going to a far away dealer for a better price will rarely save you much unless you like to drive alot, I have first hand experience with this. Go to your local dealer and become a valued customer of theirs. It makes the warranty much more complicated to go price shopping and then expect the best in customer service. If in the warranty process they fail to take care of you, contact Grand Design. It is on this forum over and over again how they have helped customers who are having issues with their local dealer.

4. Having just changed to a Grand Design from another brand, I will say with confidence that this Solitude has a far higher build quality than the one I am currently trying to sell.

Thats all the rant I have for now. Bottom line is that I do not believe Grand Design is perfect, few humans have attained that status. I do believe that Grand Design is doing their best to have the best in customer service and if they continue as they are they will be the best in the industry. Is there another RV brand forum where the owners are following it and posting when someone needs attention? There is another thread on this forum where a customer had some issues and Grand Design sent a driver to Arizona to pick up the unit and take it back to Indiana to fix the issues and recheck the rig, that is an amazing example of customer service if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to pick up my 337 from the dealer again today. Been at the dealer just shy of three weeks. Dealer ordered and installed a new wiring harness for the #2 bedroom slide motor ( pinched/ broken wire). Hope this finally fixes the bedroom slide issues I have been encountering. Also asked the dealer to adjust the brakes (1800 miles since new). Told them I would pay the retail rate so there would be no argument about a warranty claim. I just want them right. Dealer told me they were self adjusting so I did not need the adjustment. I told the dealer they were wrong, the brakes are "NOT" self adjusting and that fact had been confirmed by GD in several forum posts. Dealer acted like I was the misinformed one. They told me they confirmed with GD that the Reflection brakes were self adjusting ( sorry but dealer lied). Got Jerry at GD to confirm with them that they were wrong. After all this, and having the unit for three weeks, dealer calls me yesterday to see if I still wanted the brakes adjusted, i said YES, he then says I will need to keep the unit there additional time in order to "reschedule" the brake adjustment. Told him to forget it, I am picking up the unit today to get it out of there. Finding a new dealer to do warranty work. Next closest one is three hour drive (one way) but hope they are better to deal with.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast