Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Satisfaction Survey

Does Grand Design send out customer satisfaction surveys? The Mfgr. (Cobalt) we bought our boat from sends them out everytime we have any work done and follows up within days if the issues are not resolved or we dont give the dealer a 100% rating on all points. It sure does make us feel good that they care

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not gotten one from GD, but have from each RV dealership we've used..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't received one...

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never received a survey. I've owned mine for one year and one month, and had it in dealer I think three times for warranty work, and have had Grand Design ship me parts direct twice.
    I would give them all 10's if I did take a survey. (Of course my Atwood fridge has not broke...Yet)
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have owned our 2014 Solitude for several years now, and have taken it to the dealer once for an issue with a relay switch in hydraulic system, changed in 5 min. No survey yet. Did not take to dealer but to a local for btake check, found grease over the entire brake, and gouging on another brake shoe, all brakes were changed from back plate out, no survey from them either.
    See you at the rally.
    Paul & Beverly Bakeman
    2014 Solitude 369 RL #940
    GMC 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
    Wildomar, CA :)

scott42blue
    I doubt they want to know. Much easier to say you are the best when you don't ask your customers.
    Scott

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott42blue View Post
    I doubt they want to know. Much easier to say you are the best when you don't ask your customers.
    Scott
    No. I think the Owner Rally last year the company owners were all very interested in feedback, visited our rigs and solicited input.

When you look at the unaddressed problems - at least what I've seen in the last year on the forums - they are more dealer response related than a lack of GD trying to respond. I do think GD needs to try to leverage against the dealers to get them to improve their customer service / response performance.
    Alan and Kathleen

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arhayes,
    I agree, the problem isnt GD its their dealer network. they need to hold these dealers feet to the fire, But I guess when every unit they sell is money in GD pocket as well. They dont want to get to heavy handed with their dealers.
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong.... I hold GD mgt responsible for the dealers they choose. As a full-timer, I don't have the advantage of getting to deal with the dealer I purchased my rig from. We left Dallas last August and haven't been back yet. I was at the mercy of a dealer in Florida that jerked us around even though GD had approved the repairs.mthe fact that we were on the road impressed them so much it took 10 days to do a 4 hour job, and I ultimately hold GD accountable.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how much leverage GD can truly have other than pulling their line from the dealer. You'd hope with the experience the principles have they could make someone that happen. If not, their product will be no different than anyone else's because the initial features and benefits pale over time and performance becomes much more important if they want owners to upgrade to a new rig AND recommend them to others. At the end of the day, the components are the same everyone else uses in their rigs, so how GD implements customer service will be critical - and that is going to be handled by dealers.
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a hard thing to have to sell your products through dealers, and not being able to have real control over the dealer. Grand Design seems to try to select good ones, but as you said, aside from pulling their products from that dealer (and I don't know what process is in their contractual agreements for doing that - but I'd suspect it's pretty involved), there isn't much more they can do since they don't own the dealer. It seems like they are very good about approving warranty work, but in the end, it's a service department that they don't control that schedules and performs the work.

Case in point - the Pilot Flying J truck stops in Scipio and Beaver, Utah. They are actually franchises, and there are some issues with them. http://www.momentumgunner.com/scipiobeaverflyingj.htm

There isn't much that Pilot Flying J can do as they don't own the locations.

I would say that Grand Design seems to do more in their situations than Pilot Flying J has done in the one mentioned.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast