User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with Anderson Kantleak valve

We went camping with our 2016 Reflection 323BHS this past weekend, hooked up to city water and everything worked fine (as it had for the previous week while setting everything up at home). Upon leaving for the weekend, I tried to switch from city water to run from the pump, and it didn't seem to work as it should; I had filled the fresh tank about 1/3 full prior to leaving home. Upon diagnosing at home, I was able to get the water pump to function again, but when I switched back to city fixtures, I could hear water running even though I didn't have any fixtures open. I suspected I was filling up the fresh tank, so after emptying the fresh tank and leaving the fresh water drain valve open, I discovered that no matter what setting the Kantleak valve was set to, water is going into the fresh tank. I have read about others having similar problems. Can you please advise me as to how to resolve. We are going to be going back to the dealer (about 90 miles away) at some point to resolve some other warranty issues, but this is a usability issue that I'd like to resolve more quickly if possible. I've read that others have received the parts directly and I would be fine with this approach. Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody else had this type of problem, and what was your path to resolution? Grand Design Customer Service, anything to add? I have notified my dealer and if nothing else, I will have it replaced at the same time as other warranty work is done.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will most likely have to replace the entire valve panel.

We have found that if you turn the valves while under pressure (hooked up to water source) that you can blow out the o rings in the valving.

We have replaced a few while techs were performing PDI's, and that was always the problem.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How diffcult is it to replace those O rings? Might be some good info to keep filed away while on the road
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think they would have a decal for the manufacturer to apply that warned to turn off the water supply before adjusting the settings. I would not have thought about doing that, you'd think they would be made anticipating that people would turn them while water pressure is applied. I guess that's part of the reason they aren't using them in the 2016 Momentum.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During our PDI, the Tech said to make sure the water was turned off and that I opened a faucet(or the outside shower) to relieve the pressure before turning the KantLeak valve. As an aside I see that someone has reported that for 2016, the Kantleak valves are no longer installed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if they are no longer using them on 2016 models, what can we anticipate down the road a few years if these things fail, is there a work around? I just keep getting more and more worried as I red about all these problems. I started out feeling so good about my purchase now I am just plain scared for the long term durability future of our units.
    Steve & Bunny
    Michigan
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.0

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what the alternative would be. Have you ever looked behind the paneling in the basement ? I've never seen such a jumble of pex pipes going all different directions and feeding back into each other in my life and the electric wires all twisted around and through the pex pipes. It's quite the mess. A 4 bathroom McMansion has less plumbing then our RV's do.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    How diffcult is it to replace those O rings? Might be some good info to keep filed away while on the road
    I don't think you can just replace them.

We had to replace the entire valve system.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Hi Marcy & Gary (@WhittleBurner),

@huntr70 is correct - entire valve panel will need to be replaced. If you need a replacement panel, please call your dealer or Grand Design Customer Support at (574) 825-9679 for assistance.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast