User Tag List

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, on our Reflection the hub hole has NO contact with anything. Preferred practice when wheel is not hub-centric is to use a lug pattern adapter because that pattern is truly centering the assembly as it is centered going down the road. Hunter.com is a good reference for this! Good stuff from you as always.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had no tire problems YET. Have TPMS. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Don.

Steve, when they tried the lug pattern adapter it was kinda flopping around. It was made of plastic and I think more designed for smaller wheels & tires. Anyway, next time I will find a place with the right equipment to be sure it is right. Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

avidair
    Less than 2000 miles on 2015 385TH and 2 Westlake tires blow out shredding both sides of trailer. I understand these have been recalled? I did not receive notice. Anyone else out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCR Jim appreciate the feedback! It is very sad that shops that specialize in tires do not have all the necessary equipment to properly perform common and necessary service! "Let's just assume that it will be OK, or at least better than it came in". Worst case scenario- we'll have to refund their money!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avidair,

Please tell us the circumstances surrounding your failures. Road hazard, load on tires at the time, pressure, weather temp. etc. Also is your 385 a 2 or 3 axle? and which tires went (location)?

Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avidair View Post
    Less than 2000 miles on 2015 385TH and 2 Westlake tires blow out shredding both sides of trailer. I understand these have been recalled? I did not receive notice. Anyone else out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Avidair - I checked the NHTSA website, and they have zero recalls on Westlake tires. As Jim (JCR GD) posted, can you give us the pertinent details regarding the failures? In addition to what he asked for, can you let us know the speed you were travelling at? This is not to nitpick your experience, but to help us all make informed decisions regarding tire applications and usage. There have been very few problems reported on the Westlake tires, and it would be very interesting to understand what led up to two of them failing on different sides of the trailer at the same time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 2016 313 TT, pulled about 3500 miles. No problems. Interestingly, the tire states max speed is 75 mph. I have heard that ST tires are moving in that direction on max speed. However, I still keep it at or below 65, really only for tire consideration. So far no problems, and haven't heard of a lot of problems given the number of miles and trailers traversing the highways and biways with Westlake tires. I agree with a poster earlier that just because made in China is not ipso facto an inferior product. Most are made by American companies with their own sets of manufacturing specs, just manufactured in China or other countries. If they are not made to the specs required, it is the company having them made and putting their names on the tires that are responsible. I tend to agree with the inestimable Mr. Quinn when he suggests that some American Companies may not be so infallible in the production of their products, ie: GM, et al. So...maybe LT tires??
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except for the Goodyear Marathons, the other brands of tires made in China are unfamiliar names. One company makes a bunch of these brands. I have no doubt that American tire companies abandoned making ST (Special Trailer) tires in North America because of their potential liability and the lack of tort reform in many U.S. states. They're putting their necks on the line leglly anytime they design, engineer and mass produce any tire--car, truck or RV.

You really should compare your tires to a high quality LT/E rated ribbed tire tire side by side off the rim. The quality difference is simply immense--20 lbs. difference.

It's important that any tire failures be reported to the NHTSA. Without complaints, our civil servants will never look into the extremely high incidence of tire failures of ST tires.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my 2 cents, I just got back from my first short trip with my 2015 380TH. I have the model with 2 8K axles instead of the 3 axle model which I would have prefferred. I was very concerned about making a huge mistake with this configuration but feel a little (very little) more at ease.On our way out of town, we stopped and weighed a a certified CAT Scale. We were loaded with supplies for approx 3 days including my 800lb Canam 2 pass ATV. I had no water in the tank and only a few gallons of fuel in the fuel tanks. The scales showed 13520 lbs on the axles. I was sure they would be very close to max but was pleasantly surprised
    I didn't have time to unhook to get the pin weight, but I know it is up there. I will look at the tire ratings when I get home tonight and post more info at that time.

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast