User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Adams View Post
    We have a 2016 Reflection and are having the same problem. On our third trip the disconnect alarm came up about 30 minutes down the highway and then came and reset repeatedly. I stopped and checked the wiring - everything looked fine. The alarm didn't recur, but we drove back to the dealer anyway and he couldn't find anything wrong. We continued our 5000 km trip without incident for several hundred km, then the alarm sounded again and continually alarmed and reset. Again we stopped and checked the wiring and again the problem went away. We finished that trip without any more "disconnect" alarms. The dealer is checking it again, but I am not optimistic. When I get it back I'll have a good look at the wiring at the connection box.
    We finally got to the bottom of this. We looked for a ground problem as others had mentioned but couldn't find anything. We had the trailer in for service to have the axles replaced, which also replaces all of the brakes and wire connections. Everyone expected the problem to be gone after that. The dealer said they tested and all was OK.

When I picked up the trailer after all that, I didn't even get off the lot before my brake warning went off again. I mentioned to the tech that the furrion plug on the end of the trailer cable had been cleaned and tightened but I mentioned that the lugs in the plug were very soft and had very little spring in them to keep good contact. They changed the plug while I waited and haven't had a problem since. The brakes are not as strong as I would like but that is a different problem. They likely didn't adjust the new brakes when they installed them. Time for auto-adjusters anyway.
    John & Jill
    (5 Dachshunds and 1 confused Pit Bull - Moose, Barney, Spanky, Willie, Guri and Brixx)
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 F350 Lariat DRW, 6.7L PSD
    Phillipsburg, Ohio, USA

funinthesnow
    Ok We had our emergency break wire pop out! Not sure how this happened. Thank god it was just down the street from our house. Can you image if it popped out going down the highway!!!!! It is at the dealership now getting that looked at and a bunch of other issues. Had the rig one year and not too happy with all the issues we are having. Now the major issue is there is a small leak in our fresh water tank. ughhhhhhh

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritterjd View Post
    We finally got to the bottom of this. We looked for a ground problem as others had mentioned but couldn't find anything. We had the trailer in for service to have the axles replaced, which also replaces all of the brakes and wire connections. Everyone expected the problem to be gone after that. The dealer said they tested and all was OK.

When I picked up the trailer after all that, I didn't even get off the lot before my brake warning went off again. I mentioned to the tech that the furrion plug on the end of the trailer cable had been cleaned and tightened but I mentioned that the lugs in the plug were very soft and had very little spring in them to keep good contact. They changed the plug while I waited and haven't had a problem since. The brakes are not as strong as I would like but that is a different problem. They likely didn't adjust the new brakes when they installed them. Time for auto-adjusters anyway.
    I love the search feature of this forum! Beats the heck out of the Facebook search feature.

Anyway, I started to have the "trailer disconnected" message on the DIC in my '16 F350 on our last couple of trips. It would come on, but I checked the brakes with the manual slider, and I could see in the mirror that the running lights were still on.

The junction box for my travel trailer is similar to the fifth wheel box, but is located under the trailer near the A-frame. I checked all connections and they were clean and tight. Most of the connections are now with waterproof crimp connectors vs. the old twist on connectors. The exception was the +12V and ground wires. However, I removed the caps and the wires were all properly twisted together. I replaced and retightened the caps. I also checked the grounds going to the frame of the trailer and they were all tight and corrosion free.

The seven way connector on my 2017 297RSTS is just as flimsy as what you reported in this 2015 thread. I had tried spreading the sockets and using electrical contact spray, but I'm still getting an intermittent error, but not as often. On the way back from Quartzsite the error only showed up once. So my next step will be to cut off the old connector and install a new one.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I love the search feature of this forum! Beats the heck out of the Facebook search feature.

Anyway, I started to have the "trailer disconnected" message on the DIC in my '16 F350 on our last couple of trips. It would come on, but I checked the brakes with the manual slider, and I could see in the mirror that the running lights were still on.

The junction box for my travel trailer is similar to the fifth wheel box, but is located under the trailer near the A-frame. I checked all connections and they were clean and tight. Most of the connections are now with waterproof crimp connectors vs. the old twist on connectors. The exception was the +12V and ground wires. However, I removed the caps and the wires were all properly twisted together. I replaced and retightened the caps. I also checked the grounds going to the frame of the trailer and they were all tight and corrosion free.

The seven way connector on my 2017 297RSTS is just as flimsy as what you reported in this 2015 thread. I had tried spreading the sockets and using electrical contact spray, but I'm still getting an intermittent error, but not as often. On the way back from Quartzsite the error only showed up once. So my next step will be to cut off the old connector and install a new one.

Jim
    Jim, are you saying these are using wire nuts? Was there any corrosion protection? Please say it ain't so!
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Jim, are you saying these are using wire nuts? Was there any corrosion protection? Please say it ain't so!
    Sorry...

Or this beauty going to chassis ground:

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 01-27-2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added photo

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW, One thing I'd recommend is that all owners take the cover off the box and capture some photos of the wiring. If you ever have a wire come loose or have to replace the umbilical, you'll have a record of the connections.

Jim

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have rewired a few trailers (snowmobile trailers and salt make for a wiring mess) and have found this to make it a ton easier:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61EqiM2sjIL._SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	11115
    https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Hea...ler+wiring+box

That ground is nasty though for sure :0
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Sorry...

Or this beauty going to chassis ground:

Jim
    So is that wiring done by Lippert or by GDRV?
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ncitro that is a great solution to a factory mess- like you said, the ground circuit is a challenge. Will order one for our 337. Thanks
    Last edited by steve gravelle; 01-27-2018 at 09:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, glad to help.