Quote Originally Posted by Paul Adams View Post
We have a 2016 Reflection and are having the same problem. On our third trip the disconnect alarm came up about 30 minutes down the highway and then came and reset repeatedly. I stopped and checked the wiring - everything looked fine. The alarm didn't recur, but we drove back to the dealer anyway and he couldn't find anything wrong. We continued our 5000 km trip without incident for several hundred km, then the alarm sounded again and continually alarmed and reset. Again we stopped and checked the wiring and again the problem went away. We finished that trip without any more "disconnect" alarms. The dealer is checking it again, but I am not optimistic. When I get it back I'll have a good look at the wiring at the connection box.
We finally got to the bottom of this. We looked for a ground problem as others had mentioned but couldn't find anything. We had the trailer in for service to have the axles replaced, which also replaces all of the brakes and wire connections. Everyone expected the problem to be gone after that. The dealer said they tested and all was OK.

When I picked up the trailer after all that, I didn't even get off the lot before my brake warning went off again. I mentioned to the tech that the furrion plug on the end of the trailer cable had been cleaned and tightened but I mentioned that the lugs in the plug were very soft and had very little spring in them to keep good contact. They changed the plug while I waited and haven't had a problem since. The brakes are not as strong as I would like but that is a different problem. They likely didn't adjust the new brakes when they installed them. Time for auto-adjusters anyway.